Talk

Advanced search

Cheap Hairdressers London - Where you don't have to have in blowdried.

(15 Posts)
welovesausagedogs Tue 17-Apr-12 15:01:50

I have long hair and currently got to a Hob salon near my home in north west london. I think they are really good at cutting hair however considering i have a simple cut (no layers or anything) it is very expensive i also feel that when they blowdry it, it looks awful all straight and manky. I would much rather go somewhere where they give it a trim dry or wet and go home after cutting even if it means it is wet. Do you know anywhere that is good in North west london.

Frontpaw Tue 17-Apr-12 15:06:50

http://www.imenio.co.uk/contact.html
just on the back of High St Ken, so pretty central

Maraki Tue 17-Apr-12 19:55:27

Is Palmers Green too far for you?

welovesausagedogs Tue 17-Apr-12 19:58:08

No palmers green is not too far, whats it called, where?

sobenobu Tue 17-Apr-12 20:41:07

How cheap are you thinking?
Do you go to TF,WH,T or MH Hob?

UptoapointLordCopper Tue 17-Apr-12 21:09:13

I always go to Chinatown. 1st Cut or Taichung Wah or Rose Hair Salon. No fuss quick cut around 15 pounds a go. Don't know how they are with long hair but I always have the "as short as possible without looking like a boy" cut and always leave happy. smile

animula Tue 17-Apr-12 21:22:44

John at Johnny's on Chatsworth Road in Clapton is great. Though it may be a trek for you.

welovesausagedogs Tue 17-Apr-12 22:13:36

i go to HOB salons - www.hobsalons.com/

welovesausagedogs Tue 17-Apr-12 22:15:57

West hampstead branch

Maraki Wed 18-Apr-12 09:14:11

I can thoroughly recommend Snippers, 76 Green Lanes (corner with North Circular, near Palmers Green). Good hairdressers and brilliant prices.

southeastastra Wed 18-Apr-12 09:15:41

our HOB salon isn't cheap!

soyabean Wed 18-Apr-12 20:41:38

Hair by Fairy, Neals Yard Covent Garden £13 flat rate, no booking and no frills. They will dry it for you if you want (same price). You cant choose who sdoes it but Ive been going for over a year now, so 5 or 6 cuts and all were fine.

sobenobu Wed 18-Apr-12 21:01:56

That's handy sausage. I was going to recommend someone but thinking it would be a little too difficult to find for you.
I used to go to a great guy who left his salon and opened his own - Ho Hair - 1 Fairhazel Gardens. It's tiny and not sure about prices now but you could ring. He wouldn't bat an eye about a quick cut.
I think alot of places that I've been to recently cater for mums and are used to time(and money) constraints and do quick cuts. I've often left a salon with wet highlighted/ wet cut hair as need to pick up DC.

Blow drying my hair is a waste of time for me. I grin and bear it.

sobenobu Wed 18-Apr-12 21:03:03

Bojangles used to be popular on West End Lane.

HomeHairforyouandKiddies Wed 10-Oct-12 10:45:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now