Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used tit tape/ those stick on bra things?

(14 Posts)
talkingnonsense Sun 19-Feb-12 19:00:46

I have a lovely backless dress and would like a bit of security at the front- but have read reviews that the stick on bras peel skin off! Has anyone any advice?

Saltire Sun 19-Feb-12 19:03:50

I've never used the stick on bras, but have used the tape before with no problems

mrsmartin Sun 19-Feb-12 19:04:21

The stick on bras are crap - I use a combination of tit tape and nipple covers

talkingnonsense Sun 19-Feb-12 19:05:36

If I tape my boobs to the dress will it give a bit of support? And where do I buy it?

ilooklikegrotbagstoday Sun 19-Feb-12 19:07:12

I used to use carpet tape, it's stronger than tit tape (Children have put an end to my wild ways) but make sure you peel it off in the shower orherwise it will peel your skin off.

mrsmartin Sun 19-Feb-12 19:15:17

I used to use the la senza tit tape and nipple covers (I think un-hard nipples just look wrong so the covers just flatten them out) but you can get it in any boots/superdrug etc. It won't give support as such but no-one will get a side view of your nipples!!

SarahSlaughter Sun 19-Feb-12 19:20:22

I had a backless dress for New Year what was I thinking

I got a stick on bra from House of Fraser. I was sceptical however with a bit of practice it was fine.

I wore it twice in January and definitely got a more secure fit the second time round. My advice is to put it on a while before you need to put your dress on not five minutes before like I did first time! It seems to take the stickers a minute or two to adhere to your skin so second time round I put a normal bra on top to hold it in place while I did my make up and by the time I was done it was on pretty firmly.

I also bought some more normal tape to stick the bra to my dress to make sure nothing showed and that seemed to work quite well.

I'm a D cup and was doing some fairly enthusiastic dancing but felt quite happy and secure.

My skin is generally quite sensitive but I didn't have any problems peeling the stickers off although it was about 8 hours after I'd put it on so maybe that helped.

talkingnonsense Sun 19-Feb-12 19:53:31

Doubling up seems like a good idea! Will head to a dept store.

I've used tit tape/nipple covers and a stick on bra from Primark. All were absolutely fine. In fact the bra was good even in hot weather.

bridetobe2013 Tue 01-Jan-13 22:14:14

Hi ladies,

I am getting married soon and I am in a backless bra crisis! I am 30 E and all the stick on bras that I tried at various stores go upto size D or DD and none of those fit me. Do any of you know a way out or can suggest me anything?

Many thanks!

JackieSBrown Mon 08-Apr-13 14:00:59

hello,I have tried so many stick on bras and found they do not feel secure nor comfortable however my friend introduced me to a great website where i tried one of their adhesive bras, i purchased one of their silicone strapless bras as i am only a B cup and was finally happy and surprised that it actually worked for me, the adhesive was super sticky but didnt feel uncomfortable and because of the extra padding it felt really secure and gave me a nice bust. I will leave you the link as they do sell fashion tape and other fashion accessories. www.undercover-glamour.com/strapless-bra/
I hope that they work for you if you decide to purchase one, as iv recommended them to all my family and friends and had positive comments back!

JackieSBrown Mon 08-Apr-13 14:01:53

sorry i forgot to say they do go up to an E cup too.

wendysteen Tue 13-Oct-15 07:46:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WendySteen32byebra Mon 21-Mar-16 08:55:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now