Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Big hair burnt out today!

(14 Posts)
sailorsgal Sat 04-Feb-12 21:09:26

I've had it for about a year but usually only use it twice a week. Has anyone else had this happen?

BillyBollyBandy Sat 04-Feb-12 23:02:35

My barrel stopped turning, so to speak, and I had to get another one - again after about a year - but it isn't regularly used.

I got another one but have kept the paperwork this time.

slalomsuki Sun 05-Feb-12 06:47:24

Barrel stopped turning on mine after about 6 months of very light use. Couldn't find the receipt to take it back. Bought a second one and it now gets used more and so far so good.

OhThisIsJustGrape Sun 05-Feb-12 07:29:10

If you email Babyliss then they'll repair it or replace it if under a year old, for free. My barrel stopped turning but I didn't have the receipt but they checked the serial number and could see from that when it was manufactured and was therefore still within guarantee.

They did try to charge me initially until I told them it was unnaveptable that something only 10 months old and used only a couple PF times a week had given up already - that's when they asked for a serial number. Stand your ground, they couldn't have been more helpful in the end and I did receive a brand new one eventually smile

OhThisIsJustGrape Sun 05-Feb-12 07:30:10

Actually, I don't know what their guarantee period is so even if it's just over a year old then it's worth a try.

gingerbubs Sun 05-Feb-12 07:35:18

I'm pretty sure mine says 3 year guarantee on it

sailorsgal Sun 05-Feb-12 07:54:35

i did go into boots yesterday and it did say 3 year guarantee on the box so hopefully they will replace it. Have emailed them.

bonzo77 Sun 05-Feb-12 14:09:35

If find that both boots and john lewis will happily exchange without a receipt. Just be super polite but clear about what you want... "I really hope you can help with this. I am very disappointed with X. X has happened. I would like you to exchange it for another one".

slalomsuki Mon 06-Feb-12 21:38:48

That's great idea re the email to customer services. It never crossed my mind to do that. Will give it a go as I kept the old one.

OhThisIsJustGrape Mon 06-Feb-12 21:48:00

Ukinfo@conair.com is the email address you need for Babyliss customer service. HTH smile

sailorsgal Tue 07-Feb-12 09:22:27

OhThisIsJustGrape thanks for the info. I haven't heared back from them so will email at that address.

OhThisIsJustGrape Tue 07-Feb-12 10:26:30

That's the one I used and got a reply pretty much straight away smile

sailorsgal Wed 29-Feb-12 20:23:42

Well a quick update, sent it back and got a brand spanking new one!

Brilliant. grin

coffeematey Wed 03-Dec-14 08:26:49

I'm on number 6. Amazon replaced the styler three times then refunded the fourth and Costco refunded once. Each lasted only 6 months. Now I'm using the new version! I love my styler and it's the best thing I've ever used to style my shoulder length layered hair. The latest has been going about 6 months but I'm adding one to m Christmas list just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now