Talk

Advanced search

Argan oil

(7 Posts)
floralsanddresses Tue 24-Jan-12 21:21:13

I've been reading about the benefits - reduction in fine lines, healthy skin, nails and hair, glossy non-frizzy hair, helps split ends, clears up blackheads and acne, great for dry skin etc.

It sounds too good to be true.

Is it?

If I do decide to get sone, where would you get it from?

Meglet Tue 24-Jan-12 21:25:55

I've been using it on my hair for about 9 months now.

It made no difference at first, hair would still be frizzy or it would look too oily.

But I've kept using the bottle and dabbing some on a few nights a week and I swear the new growth is looking better than the ends. Funnily enough I was pondering the subject in the mirror in the ladies at work today grin.

So I think it's a very long term treatment for hair. The bottle I have was about £15 in TX Maxx and I've only used half of it so far, the stuff lasts for ages.

nulgirl Tue 24-Jan-12 21:29:33

Meglet- I might have to persevere with it then. I was given some for Xmas and tried it on my hair. It made it look greasy and lank so I haven't tried it again. I haven't bothered to put it on my nails as my nails are strong normally.

BettyBathroom Tue 24-Jan-12 21:40:36

It has made my skin look incredible, great for calming dry itchy patches - put it on at night then use moisturiser in the morning. Have been careful to buy pure Argan Oil, not a diluted form with a carrier oil.

I use Fushi - you can get it quite cheaply from Amazon.

SlinkingOutsideInFrocks Tue 24-Jan-12 21:49:28

I thought this was the Emporer's new clothes are buying a bottle and being completely disappointed, but persisted because it wasn't cheap and I wasn't prepared to throw it out.

I did used to use too much on my hair initially, and now only use a tiny amount.

I have very thick coarse hair, and over time it really has made a difference.

You really do have to be quite sparse with it, which does mean a bottle lasts for ages.

BobbinRobin Tue 24-Jan-12 22:42:21

I find that pure argan oil really helps nails and makes a good night-time moisturiser.

Haven't tried it on hair - only Moroccan Oil which has silicones added to it (which is quite good too for softening hair I think).

Got mine on Amazon - there are various brands, it's worth making sure you get the pure argan oil if it's for skin and nails.

MelBanks Wed 07-Nov-12 11:54:50

Its all true

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now