Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a great hair salon/ stylist in Salisbury/ Winchester area?

(19 Posts)
scraggydoodle Sat 14-Jan-12 14:43:56

That's it really.

I haven't had my hair cut in a long time partly because I haven't been all that happy with my hairdresser. I want a restyle and something fairly low maintenance.
If anyone know of a fabulous stylist/ salon in Salisbury/ Winchester or anywhere fairly near these cities, I would be v grateful.

Technoprisoners Sat 14-Jan-12 14:50:26

Mawson & Co, Winchester, near the Cathedral. They are great. I moved away from that area 7 years ago now and I still miss that salon.

teahouse Sat 14-Jan-12 15:06:07

Guy Kramer in Winchester is also good - Parchment Street. Not heard good reports of Toni & Guy.

tardisjumper Sat 14-Jan-12 16:18:54

I experienced the rudest customer service in the history of time at Guy Cramer and Toni and Guy is hit and miss. Though they do have some v good stylists in there you just have to research.

Generally Wincheter is v conservative. I had short hair and hyave had a massive row with stylists in T&G, Guy Cramer and Mawson&Co who tried to give me a long straight blond kept woman hair cut (v bitter). I get it cut in London or Manchester only now.

scraggydoodle Sat 14-Jan-12 21:01:37

Many thanks for the recommendations.
Will definitely avoid T&G

tardis- I can see that Winchester would be quite conservative and how annoying when stylists don't listen to you and try to impose their own ideas!

southchinasea Sat 14-Jan-12 23:14:46

Mawson and co, in the Square near Cathedral, are good and they also have a lovely spa opposite. Know what tardis means about the blond stepford wives bob though, it does seem popular in winchester!

scraggydoodle Sun 15-Jan-12 17:10:38

Thx south china. Perhaps I will try Mawson and co. Much more than I would usually pay but hopefully worth it. I don't think that I could be a blond Stepford wife lookalike even if I tried v hard!

cougar72 Sun 15-Jan-12 23:32:52

There's a salon in Otterbourne (very near Winchester) that's supposed to very good, a lot of my friends recommend it.

www.guillaumevappereau.com/

Sassee Mon 16-Jan-12 07:41:34

Frank in Whispers in Wickham, it's a bit of a way out from Winchester but it's a lovely little village for a mooch, and he's excellent!

NewGirlInTown Tue 17-Jan-12 23:22:57

I agree with Techno. I moved to Bedfordshire TEN years ago and still miss Mawson and Co. For the first year I travelled back every six weeks! Thankfully found a good Aveda salon here so could cut the umbilical cord!

lovemydog Tue 17-Jan-12 23:34:45

Norbert at T & G Winchester is good. Doesn't impose the Stepford wife do on you!

Jango208 Tue 04-Aug-15 23:36:57

Elite Salon Hampshire in Chandlers Ford is excellent.
Customer Svs is brilliant and all there stylist are excellent ��

lolalotta Wed 05-Aug-15 07:02:33

I'm looking for one in Salisbury? Any ideas?

bluespitfire Wed 05-Aug-15 07:35:34

Ellis Green in Wilton, just outside of Salisbury is good.

chicaguapa Wed 05-Aug-15 07:43:36

How funny! I was recommended Mawsons and ended up with a Stepford Wives bob the same haircut as the person who recommended it. I now go back to my previous stylist in Manchester. <not helpful>

Jango208 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:39:07

You should definitely try Elite Salon in Chandlers ford .Hursley Rd not far from Winchester they are brilliant they are all London trained and give such a personal service I would not go any where else and I have tried all the above and this one is definitely the best ��

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 10-Aug-15 20:03:22

Dm

GRichards Wed 11-May-16 17:19:56

Does anyone know where Norbert from Tony and Guy has moved to? I love the way he cut my hair and they just said today "he's left us".
Any help with where he has moved to will be acknowledged with a bunch o flowers!!!
Help!!!
Signed - An older Mum

ktjb39 Wed 11-May-16 20:27:26

Charlotte Churchill in Salisbury is a great salon I highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now