Talk

Advanced search

Teapigs Matcha Green Tea

(24 Posts)
mydoit Thu 05-Jan-12 11:48:41

Has anyone tried this? I am so tempted to order some going by the reviews here I'm on day 5 of the Shred and my latte habit is down to one per day. This looks like it could replace that and give a great boost.

Just wondering if anyone here has used this before or a similar one. Before I spend £25 on some tea grin

Hopefully Thu 05-Jan-12 11:52:50

Haven't tried it, but I'm bloody tempted after those reviews!

WowOoo Thu 05-Jan-12 12:00:33

I know teapigs do lovely packaging and very nice tea. If you go to an Asian supermarket or even a shop online you can get far cheaper than that with equal quality. I get mine from the Japan Centre when I'm in London. Think they do online also.
Have you tried it before Macha is quite bitter in taste but meant to be good for you? I drink green tea and oolong (and have some Macha going off at back of cupboard!) and these are meant to have health benefits also, but I just like the taste.

mydoit Thu 05-Jan-12 12:18:49

I do love tea pigs in general. Their peppermint and also liquorice and mint are my current favourites, they have the best flavours I think I've come across in terms of 'herbal teas'. I used to drink quite a bit of green tea and have always been curious about matcha. WowOoo have you experienced any of the excellent side effects as detailed in the reviews? glowing skin, decreased appetite, enhanced energy levels etc whilst using matcha tea?

brighthair Thu 05-Jan-12 12:33:40

I tried it. Mixed into a shot with water it was vile but with milk it was ok
Couldn't say I noticed much difference but I was useless at remembering to drink it grin
Keep meaning to try it again

WowOoo Thu 05-Jan-12 13:20:39

? in wrong place in last post sorry.

WowOoo Thu 05-Jan-12 13:26:25

Mydoit - not really any of those things. BUT - i'll often have a cup of tea instead of snacking on something. So, would possibly have decreased appetite.

Would love to know what increased energy feels like. Closest thing to that was having the first 9 hr sleep for years a few weekends ago. Felt marvellous - the tea was coincidental.

Friends used to tell me that Oolong was the best for digestion and losing weight. Drink after a small dinner to aid digestion. Think the SMALL dinner was the bit I kept going wrong on !!

worldgonecrazy Thu 05-Jan-12 13:33:14

I love Teapigs White Tea but it's really hard to find. I may have to resort to ordering online.

MissFoodie Thu 05-Jan-12 13:59:14

no need to buy from tea pigs, you're paying over the odds for the brand and packaging - you can buy tins of matcha from any good japanese retailer, for £10 to £20. Anything over that price is for real connoisseurs!

BranIsLonelyThisChristmas Thu 05-Jan-12 14:06:51

My favourite green tea (and I've tried loads of them) is Clearspring. Teapigs is pretty good too, but Clearspring is easier to buy as it's in all the health food stores.

MissFoodie Thu 05-Jan-12 14:16:20

bran it's not green tea, it's a powder

bran Thu 05-Jan-12 14:37:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:45:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:47:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:47:46

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:48:31

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:49:05

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:49:29

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:50:38

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:52:11

Victoria69 Thu 17-Jan-13 01:53:45

BunFagFreddie Thu 17-Jan-13 03:01:21

It's not really worth buying from tea pigs, you definitely are just paying for a name and packaging. You can get matcha from Asian shops and the quality is just as good and it doesn't cost £25 for 30g.

I hate the taste and it makes me heave. I just make up a small shot and knock it back. It gives you an nice energy boost, but you don't get the jitters. People market it as a magical slimming supplement, but we all know that no such thing exists. wink

squigglemama Thu 30-Jan-14 17:19:54

I drink matcha daily...not tea pigs as I prefer 'Livewire' matcha (www.livewiretea.com) and I swear by it! It's worth the money... I've got two kids under three and a full time single mum and I get through the day smiling with a little pot of this green liquid fuel. I train hard too and it helps me keep in shape. smile

vigomatcha Sat 30-Jan-16 22:12:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now