Talk

Advanced search

Pyjamas for tall women - has anyone seen any?

(31 Posts)
peggyblackett Wed 28-Dec-11 15:27:35

I'm trying to find PJs or PJ bottoms, unfortunately I can't find any in a longer length. LTS only have their new spring stuff in, and they seem pricey given the usual mediocre LTS quality.

Next have some but I'm really not keen - they look like little girls PJs scaled up.

Anywhere else to try please <begs>?

year2mum Wed 28-Dec-11 19:18:29

I have never found anywhere that sells long leg pajamas except LTS or Next so sorry not much help! Looking forward to any other replies though!

PrimaBallerina Wed 28-Dec-11 19:34:59

The menswear department? I'd love something feminine though so watching too.

peggyblackett Wed 28-Dec-11 19:37:32

sad

I obviously need to start up the Tall Ladies Pyjama Bottom Company.

Annoyingly J Crew in the US do tall PJ bottoms and ship to the UK, but have sold out on everything except XS and XL.

Bump again for the evening crew.

brighthair Wed 28-Dec-11 21:07:42

M&S do longer length leg
Sometimes I buy men's pj bottoms and wear with a vest top
If feeling flush (and if I lived in America) I would wear Victorias secret ones all the time, they do long leg length and my 2 year old pair look fab still

brighthair Wed 28-Dec-11 21:15:12

links added
I have these
www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265669885292&c=Page&cid=1321713091257&pagename=vsdWrapper

oooh oooh just found these - any use?
www.tallgirls.co.uk/long-tall-girls-nightwear-and-slippers-size-9-10-11-12/long-tall-girls-nightwear.html

Cybbo Wed 28-Dec-11 21:16:10

Primark PJ bottoms are a good length (I'm 5ft 9)

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 28-Dec-11 21:19:38

I'm not that tall (5ft 9) but I do like my PJ trews to be properly long.

My nicest ones are prob the most pricy, recently got some in Monsoon (tend to buy nice PJ bottoms and then wear with plain tshirt/vest)

Mrsrobertduvall Wed 28-Dec-11 21:24:22

I have 2 pairs of Next ones, but don't wear the tops as they are spahetti strapped jobs. Bottoms are good though.
And I bought a pair from LtS a couple of months ago, which are cotton and very nice.

I want the Tall Ladies Sporty Bottoms Company established for 2012.

justamincepie Wed 28-Dec-11 23:07:29

I'd be a customer at the Tall Ladies Sporty Bottoms Company. Ankle swinging PJ bottoms are a major pet hate of mine. I used to get M&S long length but they only seem to do standard length now. No good for me at 5ft 9.

In October I got some brushed cotton bottoms from H&M which are nice and long, they were similar to these. Bargain price, grr that they don't have my size!

Grumpla Wed 28-Dec-11 23:11:14

Primark have some surprisingly long PJ bottoms this year but the leg length varies enormously from pair to pair.

I'm 5'11" and found three pairs that were long enough, some red and navy flannel ones are the longest. Bought them in an XL as I am currently pg, but they have a proper drawstring ribbon thing so you can make them a bit tighter.

Definitely worth finding a big-ish Primark and trying loads on if you can as sooooo much cheaper than LTS etc (and I don't like the LTS fabric either, always looks like it would need ironing which rules it out for me!)

Northumberlandlass Thu 29-Dec-11 08:28:06

I'm 6ft and got given M&S Jammies for Christmas, they do sit low down on my hips, but are long enough ! Lovely

ChristmasIsAcumenin Thu 29-Dec-11 08:37:12

hush do long leg. I have several pairs of (gorgeous, delicious, touchable) piejams from them that pool around my ankles (I'm five-nine with short legs, so get given the wrong size a lot).

ChristmasIsAcumenin Thu 29-Dec-11 08:38:28

Oh I notice that on the front page it says use code PRESALE at checkout for 25% off--it's not obvious on the page I linked you to.

peggyblackett Thu 29-Dec-11 08:46:30

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately Hush have sold out on long (there has to be a market niche!), but good to know that their long is properly long.

I was in Primark yesterday and didn't look. Most annoying! I will try and pop in.

Northumberlandlass, are you able to link to the jammies you got please?

Northumberlandlass Thu 29-Dec-11 10:50:30

Yup, will try !
www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Weekend-Straight-Pyjama-Bottoms/dp/B00573ECBI?rrClickthru=Browse

I got a top with them too, same material. Think mine are Long, but a good length.
HTH

peggyblackett Thu 29-Dec-11 11:05:29

Perfect - thank you!

SoftSheen Thu 29-Dec-11 11:07:59

I am 5' 11'' and so understand where you are coming from.

Gap sell nice long women's PJ bottoms- I have had a couple of pairs for a few years now and they are still fine after many wash/dry cycles. If you want them really long you can buy the men's ones (I find that a men's 'small' fits my size 12 frame well).

FatFace PJs start out nice and long but do shrink a bit when washed, which is a pity. I had a long pair from next which shrunk so much that they ended up looking like cropped trousers!

peggyblackett Thu 29-Dec-11 12:03:08

I know. I'm 5'11" too - I love my height except for when it comes to clothes shopping. I will take a look at Gap too.

BeattieBow Thu 29-Dec-11 12:08:13

Hush have started doing longer bottoms now I think. The shorter version were ok for me (5'9) but they shrank in the wash, so I would need to get the longer ones. the winter stock is sold out though i think.

BeattieBow Thu 29-Dec-11 12:08:58

Gap ones aren't very long ime - although I'm only wearing the maternity ones at the moment. They are too short on me and I'm a couple of inches shorter than you.

startail Thu 29-Dec-11 12:15:50

I'm a shorty so can't help with length, but have some grey Autograph ones that are lovely fabric and have been washed loads.

valiumredhead Thu 29-Dec-11 12:46:19

When you start your company I will buy jamas from you!!!!

I am 5ft 11 and find it hard too! <sigh>

simonthedog Thu 29-Dec-11 19:33:41

I am 5ft 10. I bought some la senza ones today which are lovely and long and down to £9! (They are none returnable though so check they're okay first)

keds13 Tue 17-Jan-12 19:43:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now