Talk

Advanced search

Best eyeshadow and mascara for ULTRA sensitive eyes?

(23 Posts)
CeliaChristmasFete Sat 03-Dec-11 09:04:00

My eyes are frequently red, sore and itchy and I'm prone to infections. (nice!)
Does anyone suffer like me and use eye make up?
I only use it for a night out as I feel naked with nothing on my face for a party.
What do you recommend? (Prefer personal recommendations, to avoid spending wads of cash!)

CeliaChristmasFete Sat 03-Dec-11 20:55:00

Bump for the evening crowd.

lubeybaublely Sat 03-Dec-11 20:56:50

Suffering the same here, I've tried a few waterproof things which have helped a bit, but there seems to be a major lack of decent hypoallergenic stuff.

helpmabob Sat 03-Dec-11 20:56:54

I will bump this again as I have a similar problem. I was told clinique is hypo allergenic but not sure I am convinced.

louby86 Sat 03-Dec-11 20:59:36

I'm allergic to loads of stuff but couldn't get on with clinique, the only mascara I've used without irritation for the last year or so is lancome hypnose drama, they usually have free samples of it too if you ask at one of their counters

WowOoo Sat 03-Dec-11 21:08:19

I like Clinique mascara. Others irritate me.
Get samples. Great way to get lots of free stuff and buy only if you like it.

Thing is they have loads of chemicals in to do their thing, so something that's 100% natural won't serve it's purpose. (have tried a v hippy brand that was trying to be nice but was shite)

I use lipstick and blusher as eyeshadow. (Obv I use black, blue or brown blusher. Actually I do brownish) Don't be fooled in thinking you have to buy something specific for the eyes. Stuff that doesn't irritate my face doesn't irritiate my eyes.

For a Christmas party I briefly went to on thurs a lady had only lush lipstick on - no other make up and she looked great. Lucky her! Have lots of fun.

WowOoo Sat 03-Dec-11 21:09:16

Obv I DONT use black blusher. I'm white and not Gothic at all. Sorry.

Jenstar21 Sun 04-Dec-11 00:42:13

V v sensitive eyes here too - water at the touch of anything but Bourjois. Might be worth a try?

DonaAna Sun 04-Dec-11 13:28:44

Almay and Chanel. Allergic to most others.

DonaAna Sun 04-Dec-11 13:30:00

Oh, and I am allergic to Clinique. Test at counter before purchasing.

proudfoot Sun 04-Dec-11 14:32:57

I have a similar eye issue OP. I use a lot of Clinique and find it great for my skin, including the All About Eyes cream, but the mascara didn't feel too great, eyes were watering and feeling a bit sore. I have one mascara which doesn't irritate - think it is Bourjois but will have to check (in a fat green tube if it rings any bells for anyone)

JollyBear Sun 04-Dec-11 14:43:06

My eyes are super sensitive and I find the Boots Natural Collection mascara really good. It has no bits in it and is under two pounds. I chuck it after a few uses and get another as old mascara makes my eyes explode (sort of!). I only wear it once in a blue moon though!

startail Sun 04-Dec-11 14:46:13

My sister has trouble with make up, but she's ok with Clinique, bodyshop and channel.
Generally avoids cheap stuff.

fluffylegs Sun 04-Dec-11 19:13:24

Blinc mascara. Best thing ever for sensitive eyes

Penguinpuff Tue 17-Jan-17 09:15:57

Hi there
I use this website
www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk/checkout/onepage/success/
It's expensive (well in my opinion anyway), but I buy my mascara and eyeliner from here and have been using it for about a year. I don't like having a completely naked face when I go out and need to make my eyes pop behind my glasses so really needed to find something that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out! So far so good with these people.
I had tried Clinique (spent loads of money because someone told me they don't use as many chemicals?) but it was just the same as everywhere else for me!
Hope you filling something smile

WhereAreWeNow Tue 17-Jan-17 09:28:19

I find Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara is the best for me. Maybelline are surprisingly ok too (I say surprisingly because I sort of assume that cheap = more irritating but it seems that's not the case).
Bare Minerals eyeshadow works well for me. I find matt eyeshadows work better than glittery or shimmery ones which tend to have more little particles that get into your eyes.
I get on well with Bourjois eyeliner but tbh I don't find eyeliner as irritating as mascara or eyeshadow.

Deathraystare Tue 17-Jan-17 09:45:08

Not tried yet but how about Dr Hauscka.

I think Boots no7 does a sensitive eyes one.

I cannot use the bodyshop mascaras personally.

Jomole Tue 17-Jan-17 11:33:41

I have periods when my eyes are super sensitive and have used the butterflies-eyecare website. The mascara from there is the only one that does not irritate my eyes during these periods, and I have tried loads of supposedly 'sensitive' brands. Other times I use a Clarins mascara. It is important to avoid lengthening, thickening types as the fibres are likely to irritate. I have also struggled with makeup remover in the past but have discovered La Roche-Posay eye make up remover is good.

TarkaLiotta Wed 18-Jan-17 21:44:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cakescakescakes Thu 19-Jan-17 00:42:16

I was going to recommend Butterflies too! I have lots of allergies and actually Urban Decay is free of many of the allergenic pigments etc found in most other brands. I use Bioderma Sensibio micellar as Eye make up remover and La Roche Posay Toleriane eye cream and this keeps things under control.

AppleMagic Thu 19-Jan-17 00:47:24

Another recommendation for Blinc mascara. It dries into tiny tubes so nothing to run into eyes and irritate them.

onemorerose Thu 19-Jan-17 00:47:44

I have quite senitive eyes and my favorite is Lancôme

AppleMagic Thu 19-Jan-17 00:48:44

Also, you can remove it with warm water so don't need to worry about eye make up remover. If given up on mascara before I found it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now