Talk

Advanced search

So tell me all about Argan oil and where I can get it from

(12 Posts)
GhoulLove Thu 27-Oct-11 23:28:00

My moroccan oil ran Out and I'm too poor to buy a y more right now but I have a mind to get some as gifts for people and myself as well. But I have heard that Argan oil is better. Btw I am happy with moroccan oil as it did make my hair feel good and I swear it is missi g it now.
So please what is better? Moroccan oil or Argan oil?

PositiveAttitude Fri 28-Oct-11 08:19:19

I use Argan oil and love it. It was very expensive from my hairdressers, but recently I got a large bottle off Amazon for the equivalent of half the price. It was about £17, but will last for ages!!
The small bottle lasted me about 9 months and that was with DD1 "sharing" it, too. hmm So I am expecting this large bottle to last me at least a year!

BattyDevineIntervention Fri 28-Oct-11 09:34:26

I am now using an Argan oil and keratin protein blend which is far, far superior in my opinion.

Free of Sulphates, Parabens, dyes and phthalates

This bad boy

TheGoldRoad Fri 28-Oct-11 09:46:42

Do you know if that has silicones in it BattyDevineIntervention ?

I'm currently using Mythic Oil from Loreal , I have also tried Argan oil from Sally's and Lee Stafford's argan oil thingie.

I think they all worked well, I'm just a sucker for 'the next best thing'

Currently waiting to wash hair after home brazilian keratin treatment!

MelBanks Wed 07-Nov-12 12:28:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

valiumredhead Wed 07-Nov-12 12:30:16

I have just discovered Extraordinary Hair Oil by Elvive L'Oreal - much better than Argan oil imo - and £10 for a bottle that will last AGES.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 07-Nov-12 12:35:33

Primark are now selling small bottles of Argan oil.

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Wed 07-Nov-12 12:57:11

schro I got bought one of those bottles from Primark and it is lush. grin

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 07-Nov-12 12:58:24

Really? I didn't buy it as I thought it might be crap... smile

madmomma Wed 07-Nov-12 13:02:35

I bought some argan oil from holland + barrett recently and am v underwhelmed. Does no more for my skin than almond oil would, and it's 5x the price. Plus it quite literally smells like shit.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 07-Nov-12 13:03:24

I thought it was for hair... confused

KentuckyFriedChildren Wed 07-Nov-12 13:09:34

I use the hair design studio's argan gold hair vitality oil which cost me 4 quid in Asda. Works beautifully

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now