Talk

Advanced search

What's so fab about Estee lauder advanced night repair serum??

(16 Posts)
ggirl Tue 25-Oct-11 21:53:38

i have a sample and I don't get it?
has won loads of so called przes
am i being impatient?
it's all a load of bollocks ...non?

Jessicaalbastwin Tue 25-Oct-11 22:21:11

Never tried it, seems like Im missing something, think I need it smile

ggirl Tue 25-Oct-11 22:28:32

yes, try it for a month and get back to me wink

Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 25-Oct-11 22:30:59

Nothing. I keep getting little bottles of the stuff from MIL who in turn gets them from the EL lady she knows (and keeps in commission). It's alright, nothing more.

cornycabana Tue 25-Oct-11 22:32:31

It's not that great. I've tried it and it's meh.

ggirl Tue 25-Oct-11 22:32:47

wonder if anyone has actually bought a full size bottle?

Sossiges Tue 25-Oct-11 22:33:26

I've got some of that in the wardrobe! By the the time I get to the end of the day I'm too knackered to do anything except fall into bed, so I haven't tried it yet but if it's that good, I'd better give it a whirl shock

timidviper Tue 25-Oct-11 22:33:45

Also not particularly impressed. I haven't found any one serum that is better than any other regardless of price. This seems no different to the Aldi one to me!

cornycabana Tue 25-Oct-11 22:34:33

best nightcream I've ever used is the clarins one in the red tub but it's £££

Poodlehorse Tue 25-Oct-11 23:25:43

I have it and agree it is meh.

FoofFrighteners Wed 26-Oct-11 08:11:16

I got some as a gift and also did not see what all the fuss is about.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 26-Oct-11 08:12:57

About as effective as creme de la mer in my opinion - and I thought that was rubbish too.

MrsMilton Wed 26-Oct-11 09:59:07

Used it once and could see no discernible difference. Beauty writers refer to it as "sleep in a jar" - I always wonder where they get this drivel from. It does NOT make you look any more well-rested than actually going to bed would.

Ouchywawa Wed 26-Oct-11 10:50:11

I am trying it out at the moment...not overly impressed so far but will give it a bit more time. I am, however, impressed with the Idealist serum - it's lovely!

MrsSeanBean Wed 26-Oct-11 13:09:50

The best serum I've tried is Clinique Laser Focus. That really does seem to make a difference to weary spot prone skin. And I'm quite cynical about potions normally.

deliciousdevilwoman Wed 26-Oct-11 14:07:44

It is meh. Estee Lauder Idealist is better. A lovely night cream is Guerlain's Midnight Secret. I always treat myself to it when at the airport for some reason!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now