Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend nice jewellery designers / websites?

(26 Posts)
Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 19:52:51

I've got a big birthday coming up and need some inspiration for 'suggestions' for DP and my parents for my present(s)!

I really want to get some nice jewellery to wear and keep and prefer silver/white gold standard gold. I've seen the 'Links of London' website but would really like to find something a bit more unusual/contemporary.

Has anyone got any website suggestions that they could point me in the direction of so I can go drool over and that don't cost the earth either!

Thanks.

TethHearseEnd Tue 25-Oct-11 19:57:41

Here?

JosieRosie Tue 25-Oct-11 19:57:44

notonthehighstreet.com have lovely unusual jewellery - very wide price range from £5 up to thousands. I've picked a ring out for my own birthday pressie!

smartyparts Tue 25-Oct-11 20:04:40

My lovely & surprising dh has just bought me a gorgeous, gorgeous thumb ring (top one on page) from Linda MacDonald.

Now I am coveting loads of her stuff!

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:06:53

Is this against MN etiquette...? hmm I'm doing it anyway, my DP's website. He also does bespoke jewellery. smile

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:09:38

Thanks for the suggestions so far... some lovely stuff there but not really 'me'. It's soo hard and such a personal thing to buy isn't it! confused Hence why they are letting me chose what I would like (within reason) as I'm a fussy cow I know what I like!

I like smaller items of jewellery rather than big and dangly and prefer more simpler designs... really difficult to articulately describe what I do like without seeing it!

Fuctifano Tue 25-Oct-11 20:10:06

My DH gets the nod in this designer's general direction
tianguisjackson.co.uk/highlights.html
Also can be very well priced here
www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_4?url=search-alias%3Djewelry&field-keywords=tianguis+jackson&sprefix=tian
Happy special birthday smile

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:11:18

saoirse86... just went to look at the website and there are no items available to view?!?!!

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:12:42

Oh, it's probably because I'm on an iPad so don't have flash, they this www.victoria-james.co.uk/

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:13:11

That was supposed to be try this hmm

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:19:50

saoirse86 - sorry the link works fine but on the website it says 'undefined' 'We found 0 items' sad

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:20:33

fuctifano - lovely items... already added some earrings to my Amazon wish list! grin

KristinaM Tue 25-Oct-11 20:22:41

Sarah thomson Here

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 25-Oct-11 20:24:19

Astley Clarke is beautiful

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:32:46

Sorry nessica, I can't work out what's wrong. I've checked on the pc and it's fine. Maybe the section you're clicking on has no items or your phone/laptop etc doesn't support it. Not sure and I'm rubbish with these things! confused

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:34:06

If the stuff on amazon is what you're after then the website probably won't be useful for you anyway, ah well!

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:41:18

Saoirse86 - the website looks lovely and I can be very fickle in my tastes so will try and get onto the website at work tomorrow! I am a complete technophobe so have no idea why I can't see it either... boo! Thanks tho! smile

wonderwooman Tue 25-Oct-11 20:44:13

emma guest - you'll have to google

plumo website always have lovely pieces.

dinny hall (more pricey i think)

minipie Tue 25-Oct-11 21:03:03

saoirse the site works for me and your DP's stuff looks lovely.

nessica what about www.etsy.com? You have to wade through quite a lot though as there are loads of results, but once you find a couple of sellers you like, you can look at the rest of their designs. And most of them will work on commission...

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 21:05:31

Saoirse - I just tried the website in explorer and it works but for some reason it won't show the items in google chrome - go figure! Lovely stuff there btw!!!! smile

Now I've found lots of lovely things - thanks guys!

jumpingjackhash Tue 25-Oct-11 21:07:38

Kohatu + Petros do some lovely things, on phone so can't link but google should bring them up.

jumpingjackhash Tue 25-Oct-11 21:10:20

Try this: kohatuandpetros.com/

MuddlingThroughItAll Tue 25-Oct-11 21:11:21

how about this?

If you look under necklaces they have some lovely stuff.

daisydotandgertie Tue 25-Oct-11 21:11:57

Harriet Kelsall here does incredibly beautiful things.

bunnymother Tue 25-Oct-11 21:17:36

How about Alex Monroe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now