Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can anyone recommend nice jewellery designers / websites?

(26 Posts)
Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 19:52:51

I've got a big birthday coming up and need some inspiration for 'suggestions' for DP and my parents for my present(s)!

I really want to get some nice jewellery to wear and keep and prefer silver/white gold standard gold. I've seen the 'Links of London' website but would really like to find something a bit more unusual/contemporary.

Has anyone got any website suggestions that they could point me in the direction of so I can go drool over and that don't cost the earth either!

Thanks.

TethHearseEnd Tue 25-Oct-11 19:57:41

Here?

JosieRosie Tue 25-Oct-11 19:57:44

notonthehighstreet.com have lovely unusual jewellery - very wide price range from £5 up to thousands. I've picked a ring out for my own birthday pressie!

smartyparts Tue 25-Oct-11 20:04:40

My lovely & surprising dh has just bought me a gorgeous, gorgeous thumb ring (top one on page) from Linda MacDonald.

Now I am coveting loads of her stuff!

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:06:53

Is this against MN etiquette...? hmm I'm doing it anyway, my DP's website. He also does bespoke jewellery. smile

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:09:38

Thanks for the suggestions so far... some lovely stuff there but not really 'me'. It's soo hard and such a personal thing to buy isn't it! confused Hence why they are letting me chose what I would like (within reason) as I'm a fussy cow I know what I like!

I like smaller items of jewellery rather than big and dangly and prefer more simpler designs... really difficult to articulately describe what I do like without seeing it!

Fuctifano Tue 25-Oct-11 20:10:06

My DH gets the nod in this designer's general direction
tianguisjackson.co.uk/highlights.html
Also can be very well priced here
www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_4?url=search-alias%3Djewelry&field-keywords=tianguis+jackson&sprefix=tian
Happy special birthday smile

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:11:18

saoirse86... just went to look at the website and there are no items available to view?!?!!

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:12:42

Oh, it's probably because I'm on an iPad so don't have flash, they this www.victoria-james.co.uk/

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:13:11

That was supposed to be try this hmm

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:19:50

saoirse86 - sorry the link works fine but on the website it says 'undefined' 'We found 0 items' sad

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:20:33

fuctifano - lovely items... already added some earrings to my Amazon wish list! grin

KristinaM Tue 25-Oct-11 20:22:41

Sarah thomson Here

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 25-Oct-11 20:24:19

Astley Clarke is beautiful

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:32:46

Sorry nessica, I can't work out what's wrong. I've checked on the pc and it's fine. Maybe the section you're clicking on has no items or your phone/laptop etc doesn't support it. Not sure and I'm rubbish with these things! confused

saoirse86 Tue 25-Oct-11 20:34:06

If the stuff on amazon is what you're after then the website probably won't be useful for you anyway, ah well!

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 20:41:18

Saoirse86 - the website looks lovely and I can be very fickle in my tastes so will try and get onto the website at work tomorrow! I am a complete technophobe so have no idea why I can't see it either... boo! Thanks tho! smile

wonderwooman Tue 25-Oct-11 20:44:13

emma guest - you'll have to google

plumo website always have lovely pieces.

dinny hall (more pricey i think)

minipie Tue 25-Oct-11 21:03:03

saoirse the site works for me and your DP's stuff looks lovely.

nessica what about www.etsy.com? You have to wade through quite a lot though as there are loads of results, but once you find a couple of sellers you like, you can look at the rest of their designs. And most of them will work on commission...

Nessica Tue 25-Oct-11 21:05:31

Saoirse - I just tried the website in explorer and it works but for some reason it won't show the items in google chrome - go figure! Lovely stuff there btw!!!! smile

Now I've found lots of lovely things - thanks guys!

jumpingjackhash Tue 25-Oct-11 21:07:38

Kohatu + Petros do some lovely things, on phone so can't link but google should bring them up.

jumpingjackhash Tue 25-Oct-11 21:10:20

Try this: kohatuandpetros.com/

MuddlingThroughItAll Tue 25-Oct-11 21:11:21

how about this?

If you look under necklaces they have some lovely stuff.

daisydotandgertie Tue 25-Oct-11 21:11:57

Harriet Kelsall here does incredibly beautiful things.

bunnymother Tue 25-Oct-11 21:17:36

How about Alex Monroe?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: