Talk

Advanced search

What shoes do you wear with combat trousers?

(16 Posts)
BaronessOrczy Tue 25-Oct-11 13:46:17

I know, I know they are not desperately stylish but I found this pair in the sale and fell in love with them. I've got them in black.

But what shoes can I wear with them? I can't wear boots - or should I, with them tucked in? Nor can I wear ballet pumps (my feet will get cold in the winter!) or my Bearpaws (I'll just look silly)

Trills Tue 25-Oct-11 13:46:46

Ones from 1998?

Thomcat Tue 25-Oct-11 13:54:09

I wear my skinny combats with converse boots and ankle boots (wedgy ones and flats).

You could wear them with Uggs if that's your thing or high heeled boots.

pocketandsweet Tue 25-Oct-11 13:56:48

Combat boots? Wink

BaronessOrczy Tue 25-Oct-11 13:59:26

Thanks Trills grin

Heeled boots? Really? No no no to Uggs. I have Bearpaws but that's only because they were recommended on here as slippers.

Boots with a skinny heel, I take it? Or completely flat (I only have flat ones and I think they would look silly with them) - can you show me the sort of thing you mean please?

zumm Tue 25-Oct-11 14:01:52

1998 trainers of cooooourse.

Wordsonapage Tue 25-Oct-11 14:03:02

I used to wear mine with converse ..and little vest top and thong ...but yy to 1998

God they were comfy though

BaronessOrczy Tue 25-Oct-11 14:05:22

I am proud, proud I tell you. I might be unstylish but it's the first time in years I have found trousers which fit me and are flattering. I will not be budged from this position.

herbaceous Tue 25-Oct-11 14:09:49

But they're skinny combats! Like Houlihans! And thus terribly up-to-date and with-it. I have a pair. From Sainsbury's. And I wear them with Converse or ankle boots.

pocketandsweet Tue 25-Oct-11 14:16:20

If I could carry off skinny combats I would too. What I really want is big combats to come back a la All Saints... except not with the stupid hangy bits.

mckenzie Tue 25-Oct-11 14:18:59

the model has got them on with ballet pumps.

BaronessOrczy Tue 25-Oct-11 14:38:04

I know but I think I'd be too cold in ballet pumps.

Would something like these work?

OldBride Tue 25-Oct-11 14:46:17

I have got these www.asos.com/Bertie/Bertie-Ss-Chelsea-Wedge-Ankle-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1297705 which I wear with my green fake houlihans.

OldBride Tue 25-Oct-11 14:48:29

Soz - just noticed that the boots I linked to are out of stock on ASOS. They are still around on other websites tho.

mckenzie Tue 25-Oct-11 15:46:03

Sorry , juts seen your earlier comment about ballet pumps. I think those M&S boots are a bit too classic in style BaronessOrcry. You need a more funky wedge like the one Oldbride is suggesting I think.

TracyK Tue 25-Oct-11 16:09:52

What like are the combats? Do they come up higher on the waist than normal? Are they really skinny in the leg?
I was going to go for a 16 but if v skinny - I'd get an 18 and get them taken in. I can't carry off too skinny a leg.
I like the wedges Oldbride linked to. Or Blowfish do very similar type wedgy boots that would be nice.
www.rubbersole.co.uk/Blowfish-Wylie-x103707.php they have loads of others that look more or less the same in case you can't get your size in one style.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now