Talk

Advanced search

Please give me your opinion on this outfit....

(11 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 25-Oct-11 09:33:50

I'm going to a posh london restaurant for lunch and wanted to get you ropinion on the outfit I plan to wear.

I've got a grey sort of peplum, sort of tulip dress like this one. I was planning in wearing it with a navy blue blazer, blue tight and blue (sort of mary jane, platform court) shoes. I don't have black stuff really that's suitable so I thought navy would be a good colour match.

Would nude tights be better? I decided on navy because they are thicker and I get really cold!

whostolemyname Tue 25-Oct-11 10:09:46

Its a lovely dress. I would wear nude tights but thats just me, and im not very trendy so hopefully someone else will be able to help you there.

mollymole Tue 25-Oct-11 11:12:23

i think this is lovely and if you have no black then deep blue would be fine. Have you considered deep purple

LesserOfTwoWeevils Tue 25-Oct-11 12:29:40

Nude tights would be better, sheer navy would be okay, but thick navy, no.

MadameCastafiore Tue 25-Oct-11 12:34:28

It's really nice and I think you are right to go with thick Navy (don't go for purple if you have a navy jacket - you will look like a bruise!) - any sort of sheer tights are bloody vile! Thick tights will make your legs look thinner too, lots thinner than sheer ones. I thought only grannies bought/wore sheer tights.

TapselteerieO Tue 25-Oct-11 12:41:47

I would match tights to shoes, to make my legs look longer/slimmer. Have you tried the outfit on, do you feel good in it?

HettyAmaretti Tue 25-Oct-11 12:45:04

What you're planning sounds perfect! Definitely thick navy rather than thin navy or nude tights.

TracyK Tue 25-Oct-11 13:09:25

I'd also match shoes and tights - but maybe a halfway house of not sheer - but not too thick tights ie not woolies!
Do you need a cardi or the like to keep you warm when you take your jacket off to eat?

Angel786 Tue 25-Oct-11 13:22:19

Fab dress. Nude tights, nude heels. Good jewellery.

HettyAmaretti Tue 25-Oct-11 17:10:02

yy, I was assuming the OP mean 40 or 60 denier rather than wollies. Wollies would be odd.

sweetheart Wed 26-Oct-11 14:01:54

Thanks all, I wore the blue tights. They weren't wollies they were just thick tights. I did wear the matching shoes to make my legs look longer and I had a little cropped blue cardigan under my jacket.

Kept the jewellery simple and wore pearl earings and bracelet.

I did feel a bit odd in blue tights but I think it looked ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now