Talk

Advanced search

Am I going to look younger? Have just got Tretinoin

(8 Posts)
GohWee Mon 24-Oct-11 14:53:47

from the dematologist. It's Retinol A apparently. Anyone tried it? Will I have to carry ID with me in future?

LadyGrace Mon 24-Oct-11 15:40:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GohWee Mon 24-Oct-11 15:43:23

This is a night cream I've been given. I'm a complete novice with this stuff but am mid forties and my skin is pretty good and I want to keep it that way.

Why did you stop using it LG if you don't mind me asking.

ggirl Mon 24-Oct-11 15:44:57

hmm how much is it
and did you have private derm appt to get it
wish these things were easier to getholdof

Jeezimacasalinga Mon 24-Oct-11 16:07:20

It's fantastic stuff! Be careful not to overdo it at first though, you'll go all red and flaky...

GohWee Mon 24-Oct-11 16:10:27

oh...I'd never heard of it before. I did get it on prescription £50 for 3 months worth.

Some of you have obviously used it before. How long will I have to use it before I'll look like 18 again. What happens when I stop?

LadyGrace Mon 24-Oct-11 19:11:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Havingkittens Mon 24-Oct-11 19:16:28

Just a warning to anyone who might somehow get hold of Retin A/Isotrex/Retinoic Acid/Isotretinoin without a dermatologist precription- do not, under any circumstances, use this stuff less than 6 months prior to TTC. It can cause birth defects and you are supposed to agree to use contraception whilst receiving it on prescription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now