Talk

Advanced search

katy perry concert - are jeans ok?? (urgent)

(11 Posts)
breadandhoney Mon 24-Oct-11 13:33:42

so i'm going to see katy perry tonight. a friend has a vip box. not flashy or anything, as it will mostly be people i know - some friends and others acquaintances. but what on earth do i wear? i'm not really a fan of kp, just going for a night out tbh. are skinny blue jeans and a kind of dressy top and black suede knee boots ok? or should i be wearing a dress of some sort? totally out my comfort zone here. roll on snow patrol in january!! any help much appreciated!

ednurse Mon 24-Oct-11 13:35:00

That sounds fine, I think anything goes for Katy Perry really! Have fun!

Pascha Mon 24-Oct-11 13:36:36

I would wear jeans. I don't think Katy cares what you wear so be comfortable. And a dress is harder to dance in.

Am very jealous of Snow Patrol envy. I do have Kaiser Chiefs tickets for february though grin.

breadandhoney Mon 24-Oct-11 13:45:27

Thank you both. I've been having a last minute panic, as I decided ages ago I wasn't shopping for the event, as all money is going into the Christmas pot at the moment. Hope I look alright. Thanks again!

cyb Mon 24-Oct-11 13:46:34

Katie will KILL you if you wear jeans

CestTout Mon 24-Oct-11 13:48:57

Jeans and a nice top are my normal concert outfit. I saw SP in September at Hammersmith and am seeing them on Thursday at the HMV Forum. You will LOVE them, they are the best act I have seen live (seen The Script, Bon Jovi, The Police, Lynard Skynrd etc). Have a great time tonight!

Bangtastic Mon 24-Oct-11 13:52:01

My nieces went to see her a while ago, they were dressed like they were going on a night out, was quite surprised! You'll be way up high and surrounded by friends, wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Have fun!

breadandhoney Mon 24-Oct-11 13:53:31

*cyb i feel confident that she is in no position to be judgey of anyone since the whole world saw her just-woke-up face grin

cesttout i've seen sp twice and they've blown me away both times. for my best act of all time, it is a tie between them and coldplay. they were incredible!

ok i'm forgetting about the fashion issues and am going to just enjoy a night out with dh and friends.

<<hums a song about kissing a girl and hopes she remembers others>>

breadandhoney Mon 24-Oct-11 13:56:29

bang - yeah i expect that is how dSis will be dressed. But i haven't seen the inside of a club in 5 years, except for hen do in July, which was fancy dress and i don't think my cowardly lion outfit would help me look like i belong tonight smile

Pascha Mon 24-Oct-11 14:05:28

Oh Katy will love the Cowardly Lion outfit!

breadandhoney Tue 25-Oct-11 14:29:41

Concert was amazing! Such a fun show! Glad I wore the jeans as the rain on the way in and out was horrendous. Thanks for your help yesterday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now