Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

reading the ( rather interesting ) liz jones article on grey hair ( i KNOW I KNOW)

(29 Posts)
Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 12:20:54

made me wonder
do you lot use touch up sticks for your cheeky between colouring grey roots?
if so which one

linkez SVP

thousandDenier Mon 24-Oct-11 12:23:54

I've been tempted to use a Sharpie on my roots as I look like a zebra crossing after a month..

I was wondering just yesterday if my dark dye job was turning me into La Jones <horreur>

CMOTdibbler Mon 24-Oct-11 12:25:12

Nope, I have embraced my natural hair colour, and am now white haired (and 39). I decided that when I was needing to touch up my roots after a week, that it wasn't worth it.
I love being white, and it looks fabulous too.

Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 12:25:15

sharpie - arf.
theres a thing on amazon she uses, but gets bad results, another one is suggested instead ROUX here - it has the air of stubbie tbh

Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 12:25:24

stubbie? wtf
sharpie

JosieRosie Mon 24-Oct-11 12:25:31

Doesn't she look about a zillion times better in the photos? Looks 15 years younger too!

Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 12:27:08

she does.
helloo liz!

AbsofCroissant Mon 24-Oct-11 13:23:30

I never thought I'd say this, but I heart Liz Jones' hair now. It looks amazeballs.

Millie1 Mon 24-Oct-11 13:28:57

Just read it online - her hair looks fabulous now! Makes me think about going back to high/lo-lights for mine instead of an all-over colour!

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 24-Oct-11 13:58:28

She does look a lot better - thats why so many women end up shades of caramel/toffee as they get older as the extremes of blonde and brunette just don't work.

PerryCombover Mon 24-Oct-11 14:17:02

that thing looks like something for a girls world

do you lot dye your cuffs also?

ZZZenAgain Mon 24-Oct-11 14:17:32

which article are you all reading?

FIFIBEBE Mon 24-Oct-11 14:19:41

The whole process sounds exhausting though. She does look heaps better.

RefereezaWanka Mon 24-Oct-11 14:36:36

Her hair looks lovely in the last picture, but two things strike me:

1) That sort of highlighting job costs major bucks. 90% of women I see who are going for that look just end up with dark hair with blonde streaks in it. that lovely layering of caramel colours can only be achieved by a very good colourist ad they are mega bucks.

2) Her hair is too long for her age. If she cut it, she'd look much better and the colour wouldnt be such a huge issue. Of course a black mane looks wrong on a 50 yr old woman.

Secondtimelucky Mon 24-Oct-11 14:41:32

I agree with Refereeza. Plus:

3) lose the eyeliner Liz. It is just as ageing as the black hair to have thick black eyeliner.

MrsMilton Mon 24-Oct-11 14:45:42

YY, in the "after" photo the biggest improvement is that she doesn't have the awful eyeliner daubed on her lower lids. Why do some women think drawing a black circle around your eye looks good? I've never understood that.

Can't believe someone as vain as her has always had such bad hair. Why has her stylist never told her to lop it all off?

cyb Mon 24-Oct-11 14:48:19

I have to say she looks 1000 times better with caramel and brown har

but scary eyeliner just VILe and for someone sooo self obsessed I dont know WHAT she is thinking

I dont have time or ££££ for expensive caramelly hair

AbsofCroissant Mon 24-Oct-11 14:49:25

Liz has some serious attachment to her hair. There was a whole article about the pain and suffering she went through when she had it cut slightly shorter than usual.

Zzzzen this article

alemci Mon 24-Oct-11 15:02:00

I agree she looks good. I think her actual hairstyle didn't help. I have some grey roots at present but because i have layers and a fringe I don't think it is so obvious plus my hair is a dark blonde shade and a semi perm so I don't seem to have such obvious roots.

I know what Liz means though. It is a pain in the bum bothering to dye at all.

WitchOfWoo Mon 24-Oct-11 15:06:32

Is that Louise Calvin colour stripper not just identical to Color B4? confused

PorkChopSter Mon 24-Oct-11 15:07:46

She looks almost human now.

bibbitybobbitybloodyaxe Mon 24-Oct-11 15:13:57

Too long, too long, too long. She's got a wonderfully thin face and would look great with up. And her makeup is LAUGHABLE. I agree that its astonishing that someone so self obsessed could go round looking as she has all these years.

higgle Mon 24-Oct-11 16:34:55

I have mine done in 3 colours for the caramelly effect, it costs just under £100 and as I have not got much grey I get away with it every 3 months.

ZZZenAgain Mon 24-Oct-11 17:14:52

thanks abs. Yes, that does look nice, at least when it is freshly done by the hairdresser. Funnily enough I know a woman who wears her hair like that but cut to a bob and people are always commenting on how good it looks. I think her natural colour must be dark brown but since she has similar eye colour to Liz it suits her to have that caramel effect. Don't think it would suit me though. I am having a hair dilemma atm. Not sure what to do with my grey strands and not sure what to do with it style wise either so it is sort of doing its own thing while I try and make up my mind. Not the best look. Problem is the natural hair colour has a nice shine to it and when I dye it over to cover the grey, it will lose that shine so I am putting it off

AbsofCroissant Mon 24-Oct-11 17:16:33

High lighting rather than an all over cover? It then affects less of your hair, and could maybe "blend" with the grey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now