Talk

Advanced search

What would you wear to an indie gig?

(2 Posts)
UmYeahLikeTotally Mon 24-Oct-11 11:54:18

I'm going to a gig this weekend and am struggling with deciding what to wear!

I have been to other concerts before, but they have been more poppy/mainstream artists. This will definitely have a more rocky/indie vibe, and I don't know what is "acceptable" to wear!

Before, I have been slightly dressy (i.e. nice top, heels etc) but I'm pretty sure this would stand out at this kind of gig. I'm thinking of wearing slim trousers (cropped/ankle length), sheer blouse and maybe converse? Or brogues? Arrgh, I don't know! Maybe this would also be too dressy? What kind of bag do I need?!

My brother goes to this kind of thing often and is a scruffy sod. But I'm not sure if 1. that's just him and 2. if this would be OK for me as a woman (inner feminist punching myself right now!)

Can anyone help please??????!!!

RosiethePriveter Mon 24-Oct-11 12:02:39

I suspect if it is true 'indie' you can wear whatever you like and are comfortable in. It will be dark and beer will be spilt.

I find a small cross body bag, jeans, comfortable top that you wont sweat in and trainers / flat boots good for most gigs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now