Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Permanent home hair dye's

(6 Posts)
Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 22:34:59

Dyed my hair dark brown 2 weeks ago and it's fading, how long should I wait before dying it again?

horMOANSnomore Sun 23-Oct-11 22:38:41

Colours (home or salon, makes no difference) seem to fade really quickly on my hair and I re-do mine every three weeks.

If I could be bothered, I'd to it fortnightly tbh because it starts to look dull by then and my white roots are starting to show.

sprinkles77 Sun 23-Oct-11 23:23:57

Watch out for colour build up if dyeing all your hair this often. It will leave your hair dull and lifeless. I would invest in a really good shampoo and conditioner designed for coloured hair. And avoid products containing silicone. If you must use them get a good anti-build up shampoo to use once a week.

If you really want to dye again, use the same shade, wait a month and do the roots only for most of the development time (get a tint brush) then comb through the rest of your hair in the last 5-10 minutes.

Jellykat Mon 24-Oct-11 00:13:47

I have been dying my hair for 25 years, and have found that the best conditioner is Elvive Colour Protect, it's also good to use a really light shampoo as Sprinkles suggests, like Panten aqua light, it doesn't build up like other shampoos.

Another thing i've realized is the hotter the water, the more colour comes out, (rather like when you wash clothes that arent particularly colourfast, they always say cool wash) and using coldish water as the last rinse leaves your hair shinier - a bit << Brrrrr >> but worth it smile

Creamcake1 Mon 24-Oct-11 08:10:06

Thanks all, great advise smile

Creamcake1 Mon 24-Oct-11 08:14:56

Just like to add its true about the coldish rinse-shiny silky hair!! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now