Talk

Advanced search

Need skincare advice

(7 Posts)
Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 23-Oct-11 22:00:02

I'm 40, with dry-ish sensitive skin. I'm a bit stumped on skincare. I generally feel skincare companies take the p*ss WRT price, so I'm loath to spend serious cash on it. At the moment I use La Roche Posay Hydraphase range, which gives me lots of hydration, but I think maybe I need something more/better.

I think my skin looks tired, dull, with fine lines around the eyes. Early ageing I suppose...

What do I need? Exfoliation? Some kind of serum? Would love reccomendations.
Thx a mill

Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 22:02:56

Use vitamin E oil on your face before you go to bed, the next day your skin will be lovely and soft and glowing, it's good stuff Superdrug about £3.00

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 23-Oct-11 22:13:09

Try liquid gold from 'Alpha h', it's wonderful for tired, dull looking skin, you can buy it of qvc. I use it twice a week, apply it at night and wake up with a radiant even looking skin tone.

gilmoregirl Sun 23-Oct-11 22:28:14

I love estee lauder night repair serum. Yes, it is expensive but it is the one skincare product that I have tried (and I've tried *a lot*) that I think is actually worth it. I always come back to it. The eye gel is good too so if you are feeling flush at some point wait until they have one of the bonus time thingies at boots and buy both (using an extra points coupon if possible) definitely worth it

bubble2bubble Sun 23-Oct-11 22:54:39

If you want something natural , rosehip oil overnight is brllliant, or a few drops under your day cream.
If you really want immediate results this is great. Theory is it exfoliates as it moisturises, I am same age with very sensitive skin but also did the NeoStrata home glycolic peel which has TOTALLY changed my skin - absolutely no dry bits and open pores around my nose completely gone, love it , love it

Icelollycraving Mon 24-Oct-11 13:43:11

Try caudalie vinexpert range,paraben free & natural. It does actually do something which most natural ranges don't.

Iatemyskinnyperson Mon 24-Oct-11 20:00:03

Thanks all. I'm going to check all these out, cheers! Like the idea of the exfoliator especially...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now