Talk

Advanced search

Tops for tall women

(13 Posts)
BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 19:50:06

Is there anywhere other than Long Tall Sally that does clothes for tall women? I'm 5'10 but have a long body and short legs (lovely hmm). I'm having trouble finding jumpers and tops that come down to my hips without leaving a draughty gap. LTS have a few but nothing inspires me.

MayDayChild Sun 23-Oct-11 19:55:56

Next tall but you need account. Reasonable length, I reckon they could do with extra inch still tho.
Dorothy Perkins larger stores, usually all mixed in with normal stuff on silver coloured hangers.
Otherwise I find hennes clothes are often more generous in length

PrimaBallerina Sun 23-Oct-11 20:15:16

I am similar in proportions. H&M do long vest tops, which might even be meant to be minidresses fir £7.99 in all the basic neutral colours. They are great to wear alone or under other stuff and it means it doesn't matter if your blouse/jumper is a bit short as it just gives you a nice layered look. I've given up on most tops from normal shops ages ago.

Interesting about Next tall but I hate most Next stuff so doubt I'll be buying.

PrimaBallerina Sun 23-Oct-11 20:15:49

Oh and Topshop tall of course!

DazR Sun 23-Oct-11 20:20:23

New Look does a 'Tall' range

MayDayChild Sun 23-Oct-11 20:21:51

This is my biggest shopping bug bear!
M&S are worst culprits.
Joules are fairly good. Boden rubbish.

mummy2munchkin Sun 23-Oct-11 20:22:04

I buy tall clothes on next without an account!!!

BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 20:30:37

Ooh thanks all - I,m in town tomorrow so will try H&M. I have the new Next directory - never noticed they did Tall stuff. I am just after basics...now the colder weather has started I am feeling chilly round the middle.

BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 20:32:00

I am 48 so I feel ancient in Topshop!

mummy2munchkin Sun 23-Oct-11 20:35:03

Next tall is all online, literally pages and pages of it.

mippy Mon 24-Oct-11 19:48:40

New Look tall is for women over....5ft 6. Which explains why everything in their standard line threatens to expose my knickers.

Tigresswoods Mon 24-Oct-11 19:49:43

Am 5,9 and love Gap for tops.

Saltire Mon 24-Oct-11 19:52:55

New look - and sometimes not just their "tall" range. I find that a lot of their basic t shirts and vests are a good length. Ditto peacocks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now