Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tops for tall women

(13 Posts)
BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 19:50:06

Is there anywhere other than Long Tall Sally that does clothes for tall women? I'm 5'10 but have a long body and short legs (lovely hmm). I'm having trouble finding jumpers and tops that come down to my hips without leaving a draughty gap. LTS have a few but nothing inspires me.

MayDayChild Sun 23-Oct-11 19:55:56

Next tall but you need account. Reasonable length, I reckon they could do with extra inch still tho.
Dorothy Perkins larger stores, usually all mixed in with normal stuff on silver coloured hangers.
Otherwise I find hennes clothes are often more generous in length

PrimaBallerina Sun 23-Oct-11 20:15:16

I am similar in proportions. H&M do long vest tops, which might even be meant to be minidresses fir £7.99 in all the basic neutral colours. They are great to wear alone or under other stuff and it means it doesn't matter if your blouse/jumper is a bit short as it just gives you a nice layered look. I've given up on most tops from normal shops ages ago.

Interesting about Next tall but I hate most Next stuff so doubt I'll be buying.

PrimaBallerina Sun 23-Oct-11 20:15:49

Oh and Topshop tall of course!

DazR Sun 23-Oct-11 20:20:23

New Look does a 'Tall' range

MayDayChild Sun 23-Oct-11 20:21:51

This is my biggest shopping bug bear!
M&S are worst culprits.
Joules are fairly good. Boden rubbish.

mummy2munchkin Sun 23-Oct-11 20:22:04

I buy tall clothes on next without an account!!!

BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 20:30:37

Ooh thanks all - I,m in town tomorrow so will try H&M. I have the new Next directory - never noticed they did Tall stuff. I am just after basics...now the colder weather has started I am feeling chilly round the middle.

BestIsWest Sun 23-Oct-11 20:32:00

I am 48 so I feel ancient in Topshop!

mummy2munchkin Sun 23-Oct-11 20:35:03

Next tall is all online, literally pages and pages of it.

mippy Mon 24-Oct-11 19:48:40

New Look tall is for women over....5ft 6. Which explains why everything in their standard line threatens to expose my knickers.

Tigresswoods Mon 24-Oct-11 19:49:43

Am 5,9 and love Gap for tops.

Saltire Mon 24-Oct-11 19:52:55

New look - and sometimes not just their "tall" range. I find that a lot of their basic t shirts and vests are a good length. Ditto peacocks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: