Talk

Advanced search

If the M&S Tummt Control vest rolls up then what's the answer?

(11 Posts)
Millie1 Sun 23-Oct-11 19:42:38

I'm wearing a knitted dress today and my tummy is not a good look so what can I wear underneath which is comfortable enough to wear all day and which will mould my midriff in a more acceptable shape? Have read a thread recently where several posters said the M&S vest rolls up and I'm not sure about Spanx with a wee-hole in the bottom! blushhmm

ElectricSoftParade Sun 23-Oct-11 19:45:44

I have found really, really good control vests in Primark. In the underwear section the have a range of control underwear and it is excellent.

Have bought more expensive stuff in the past but I am so pleased with the Primark one, I have bought a further 2. The length is down to about hip level so looks smooth. The vests are £5.

Millie1 Mon 24-Oct-11 12:03:22

Thanks Electric! Sound good but, sadly, my nearest Primark is a 40 mile drive! Any other recommendations Ladies?

Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 12:28:09

i think id not wear the dress if it didnt suit me au naturel

Millie1 Mon 24-Oct-11 13:30:51

Ah, fair point but I like it - looked lovely last year but my sweet tooth hasn't done me any favours! Hopefully a few weeks of doing Davina's DVD will help!!

FIFIBEBE Mon 24-Oct-11 14:16:18

Do you have a T K Maxx nearby? They usually sell Flexees and Belly Cloud "shapewear " vests which I think are pretty good and cost about £5.99. Agree the Primark ones are fab, haven't washed mine many times so don't know how they last but good so far. Re the M&S Tummy Control Vest. Are you wearing the right size, I think they are sized pretty small and have had success with the next size up. I think Spanx are overrated unless you are pretty small to begin with and are just trying to "smooth" rather than "shrink". Slight obsession with shapewear here.

TracyK Mon 24-Oct-11 14:16:51

The M&S one is fine if you tuck into your knickers.
Or I got the onsie - which is dress shaped - from asos - think they usually have discount codes kicking around, free next day delivery and free returns. Places like figleaves won't let you return stuff.

southeastastra Mon 24-Oct-11 14:22:25

i have this seem to stay put pretty much

Eyelasher Mon 24-Oct-11 14:29:01

oh GOD i have just seen the LOVELIEST snakeskin a like skirt on marks website

blossoming Mon 24-Oct-11 14:33:31

I have a problem with vests riding up too. I tend to start from the bottom instead and wear high waisted pants that come up to my bra, like this. Otherwise, with a dress I wear a Spanx half slip or the full slip. In truth I've got a spanx for every occasion, but I've probably had more wear out of the high rise pants. HTH.

Millie1 Tue 25-Oct-11 09:40:05

Thanks all ... will check out the links!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now