Talk

Advanced search

New "evening" perfume

(27 Posts)
meandmypickle Sun 23-Oct-11 19:19:16

Any recommendations please for someone is mid thrties. into clothes and quite style conscious.

Armaini diamonds, calvin klein euphoria, armani code? All suggestions would be welcomed smile

CaptainKirksNipples Sun 23-Oct-11 19:21:43

New Prada Candy is lovely if you like Armani Diamonds it's similar but a bit sweeter. Gucci Guilty is good too.

meandmypickle Sun 23-Oct-11 19:31:33

what about calvin klein contradiction?

badoomtish Sun 23-Oct-11 19:32:14

I like Euphoria smile. Dior's Dune is also quite nice.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 23-Oct-11 19:33:01

I would go for something "older" and more classic - something from Guerlain, maybe? I wear Vol de Nuit, which I love. Or Caron? Or maybe one of the Chanel "Les Exclusifs"? I also have Chanel No 22. You need to go into a Chanel boutique or a Chanel boutique at the duty free (Terminals 3,4 and 5 at Heathrow have them), not the counter in a department store. You can also get them at Selfridges in their perfume dept, but the woman who was on when I was there the other week was a bit snotty.

I'd go for something you love, and which you're not going to be smelling on every third person.

If you're in London, Les Senteurs is excellent and can give you recommendations (and samples) grin - if you tell them what you like. They fulfilled my remit for something to make my husband smell like an expensive Lebanese businessman exactly!

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 23-Oct-11 19:33:36

Creed is also another option.

meandmypickle Sun 23-Oct-11 19:35:02

anyone tried armani code?

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Sun 23-Oct-11 19:35:57

My evening one is Agent Provocateur Maitresse (sp?)

Too heavy for daytime, but I absolutely love it and wear it if I ever go anywherein the evening.

monkeysmama Sun 23-Oct-11 20:38:19

Tom Ford Black Orchid is divine.

sproooOOoogger Sun 23-Oct-11 20:54:53

You cannot go wrong with anything from Ormonde Jayne.

bibbitybobbitybloodyaxe Sun 23-Oct-11 20:56:34

Clinique Aromatics.

Paloma Picasso.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 23-Oct-11 20:58:32

I have just bought Tom Ford Violet Blonde which is lovely and also like Black Orchid.

timidviper Sun 23-Oct-11 21:01:31

Agree with both of Bibbity's suggestions - both classic in a lovely way.

I also love Estee Lauder Sensuous and Sensuous Noir which is the heavier, evening version. Also Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 21:41:23

Cherie-Miss Dior lovely smell, pricey but worth it smile

Soutty Mon 24-Oct-11 08:45:27

Try out:-

Chanel - Coco (super classy evening perfume - expensive but worth it)
Cartier - Must de Cartier (spicy and not too sweet)
Guerlain - Samsara (jasmine and sandalwood, quite sweet)
Estee Lauder - Spellbound (if you like clove - again quite sweet)
or Sensuous Noir (lots of patchouli and not too sweet)

It's difficult to recommend without knowing your taste in perfume. If you like gourmands then Angel by Thierry Mugler or Hypnotic Poison by Dior might be the right evening perfume for you.

Soutty Mon 24-Oct-11 08:52:44

me and my pickle, if you want to get reviews on a particular perfume you're thinking about go to fragrantica.com. You seem keen on Armani Code - have a look on fragrantica and see what people say about it. At the end of the day though, it's what you like that counts.

ENormaSnob Mon 24-Oct-11 09:28:24

I like armani code and euphoria.

My new evening one is going to be thierry mugler alien.

ENormaSnob Mon 24-Oct-11 09:30:22

I like armani code and euphoria.

My new evening one is going to be thierry mugler alien.

lilbitneurotic Mon 24-Oct-11 09:45:25

Armani Code is lovely - one of my favourites. My all time favourite evening perfume is Hugo Boss "Deep Red" quite a sexy scent - I love it!

laptopwieldingharpy Mon 24-Oct-11 10:02:52

MrsShadenfreude, you are a woman to my heart! Classic perfumes.
Is your dh's a blend of mure et musc or lavender/ amber like eau de caron? grin
i am jicquy from guerlain
Santal imperial from Creed
N.19 from chanel

The "Iris nobile" from acqua di parma is beautiful. Suave and fresh with no hint of that awful sweetness of flowery scents.

I in the day i often layer one spray of the above with my usual cologne (acqua di parma bergamot or eau d'orange verte from hermes).

Jessicaalbastwin Mon 24-Oct-11 10:23:23

I love cerrutti 1881 gorgeous smell and dolce vito.

animula Mon 24-Oct-11 11:16:42

MrsCampbellBlack - My sister! I've just bought Violet Blonde too. smile

OP - Hope you have lots of fun trying lots of different scents.

meandmypickle Mon 24-Oct-11 15:48:35

Thanks smile
Now how about all these:
Dior addict. Nina Ricci L'elixir, Armani Idole, Marc jacobs daisy eau de parfum

AutumnWitch Mon 24-Oct-11 16:17:59

I love Dior addict too, very rich, also Bvlgari Jasmin noir (the original black bottle, not the white "Mon" version)

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Mon 24-Oct-11 19:03:07

I have marc Jacobs Daisy and I love it, but it is very much a daytime scent in my opinion.

My daytime ones are Daisy, flower by Kenzo, and clinque Happy in Bloom, so maybe you might like some of those? flower by Kenzo could be worn as an evening scent too I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now