Talk

Advanced search

Barbour duffle coat - any reviews/opinions?

(5 Posts)
henrythecat Sun 23-Oct-11 17:54:24

I need a nice warm wool coat for the winter. I have a smart/work coat in grey wool, fit and flare/princess style and so want something quite different for weekend/casual/walks etc. I would like something quite warm and cosy but don't want to go down the down coat route as every one I have tried either makes me look like the michelin man. Was thinking a duffle style coat but quite fitted to be worn with chunky knit scarf and beret style hat. Willing to spend a fair amount on cost per wear basis. So I was thinking maybe this either in the red or the navy?

Thoughts? Does anyone have it? Is it warm (crucial question!)? TIA

Size 10 pear if that's relevant

ChooChooWowWow Sun 23-Oct-11 19:17:18

I think it's lovely. I would say have a look in the outlet stores before you buy full price. I used to work in one and we always got duffle coats in at this time of year. They usually sell for around £60 so a big saving.
I bought 9 Barbour coats while I worked there but never a duffle which I always regretted.

dexter73 Sun 23-Oct-11 19:29:57

I am going to the Portsmouth Barbour outlet tomorrow so I will have a look and see if they have any duffle coats there. I think they will send them to you if they have what you want.

henrythecat Sun 23-Oct-11 20:11:24

Choo and dexter thank you ever so for replies! £60! Will def check out the outlet option has that's super cheap! (I might get 2!)

Dexter - if you could look that would be fab, thank you so much!

dexter73 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:25:43

There were only grey and navy duffles at the outlet and they were reduced from £249 to £179, so not a massive reduction sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now