Talk

Advanced search

Does any one know if Uniqlo comes up small?

(14 Posts)
lolalotta Sun 23-Oct-11 12:51:53

Does any one know if Uniqlo comes up small, according to the shoulder measurment on there size guide I am somewhere between a medium and a large which is a UK 12-14, normally I'm a size 8-10... What are your experiences? Thanks!

CointreauVersial Sun 23-Oct-11 12:54:43

For tops, yes, I'd say they do come up a little small. Cut for petite Japanese figures, possibly.

I'm a 10 and tend to buy Medium from Uniqlo.

easilydistracted Sun 23-Oct-11 13:12:41

I'd say not myself. I just bought a few things from uniqlo last week, and the trousers (size 28 waist) are roomy. Weird as I have size 30 waist jeans from Gap that are too tight. Should probably have bought 27" from Uniqlo but had a mental block and didn't pick up that size …

Got 3 medium size cardigans and they are all on the roomy side, rather than fitted -- was expecting them to be a bit tight as I haven't lost the post-baby weight yet!

gregssausageroll Sun 23-Oct-11 13:31:40

Yes, they are small (tops) IMO. I sent everything I'd ordered back.

nancerama Sun 23-Oct-11 13:38:22

I find that many of their things come up a bit short in the body. Tshirts in particular look quite cropped on my average 5'5" frame.

lolalotta Sun 23-Oct-11 14:04:20

easilydistracted, do you mind me asking what size you are? It is a cardigan I am wanting to buy....

VideoEtTaceo Sun 23-Oct-11 14:07:01

I'm a 10-12 and 5"5 and bought two jumpers from them this week in small. I also have a small cardigan from them.

said Sun 23-Oct-11 14:10:44

Jeans sizes never really bear any relationship to your actual waist size. Trial and error has taught me to stick to 27" waist but that isn't my waist. I think their tops are between accurately sized and "fitted".

said Sun 23-Oct-11 14:12:22

Gosh, I'm a 10-12 and 5'6" and it would never occur to me to buy small. So order both sizes, I suppose, OP?

VideoEtTaceo Sun 23-Oct-11 14:19:27

I tried my cardigan on in store so I knew that the small was ok for that, and took a risk with the jumpers. Luckily they fit fine!

dexter73 Sun 23-Oct-11 15:32:01

I think their tops are quite roomy. I am a 12 and get a medium and there is plenty of room to spare.

easilydistracted Sun 23-Oct-11 16:56:09

lolalotta, I'm probably a size 10/12 at the moment (maybe a 12? I usually buy size 14 in Topshop, lets put it that way smile

I got 2 merino wool v-neck cardies in M, good fit, and a this in green -- the latter is seriously roomy, and I have to roll the sleeves up! (Nearly got small in this but wanted to wear it with layers underneath)

mirpuppet Sun 23-Oct-11 20:32:32

This year I find Uniqlo is coming up big. My mediums are roomy. Last year I think I needed a large and I haven't lost any weight.

lolalotta Tue 25-Oct-11 20:26:59

Well, I went for a small in the end and it arrived today and the size is perfect! Really pleased with the quality too and super fast delivery so thank you ladies, I will know where to go when looking for basics now! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now