Talk

Advanced search

wedding outfit question

(14 Posts)
Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 10:48:35

Have a wedding early next year. I bought a lovely black dress for the day. Whilst the bride is totally fine with the colour and loves dress, MotBzilla hates black dresses for day or night.

I looked at Phase 8 Verity dress but it didn't suit me.

I have bought Violet wrap dress - is this dressy enough?

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:07:31

I think the answer is no.

Back to the drawing board.

cookielove Sun 23-Oct-11 11:11:48

Well i like the purple dress, pretty and can be made glam with accessories, however if you bought a black dress, you like it, the bride likes it, then you should wear it.

HettyAmaretti Sun 23-Oct-11 11:13:57

'fraid not.

This is similar but a bit dressier. In the sale too.

HettyAmaretti Sun 23-Oct-11 11:15:10

Oh yes, unless the the bride is blaming MoTB-zilla to cover her own feeling then do wear the black.

HettyAmaretti Sun 23-Oct-11 11:18:33

pink

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:19:04

Thanks cookielove - I thought it was old fashioned with regard to not wearing black to a wedding. I will keep it as an option and will decide after I have picked the rest of the outfit.

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:25:25

MotBzilla has made it clear she doesn't approve of bridesmaid dresses and theme. Enough background for another thread. I reckon I could ask bride again and give her the chance to say she would rather I didn't wear black.

Thanks Mrs Milton for this idea Love this

Thanks all. I love your choices but am not sure they would suit me. I have ridiculously large breasts and and very self-concious.

TethHearseEnd Sun 23-Oct-11 11:25:39

Can you link to the black dress? Have to say, I wouldn't wear black to a wedding. Am old fashioned too grin

TethHearseEnd Sun 23-Oct-11 11:33:59

Actually, I think that purple one is fine..

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:34:45

I bought the black dress in a coast sale.

It is most like this but is ballerina length without the belt detail

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37:06

Thanks TethHearseEnd. It looks much better on - very flattering.

HettyAmaretti Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37:16

Oh, bet it's lovely. Do you feel good in it? Better than in the violet?

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:47:10

The violet fits really well but I am worried it won't be dressy enough. I suppose it depends on what I put with it? Maybe a fake fur stole or beaded jacket doodah?

I love the black one. If I don't wear it for the evening reception I will arrange a lovely night out with my OH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now