Talk

Advanced search

Decent exercise DVD's??

(19 Posts)
Moo14 Sat 22-Oct-11 23:29:40

Hi all,

Have a 6month old and still not happy with my figure. Its very hard to find the time to go to the gym as keep having to find people to look after my LO and with her having a routine now means I don't get much time at gym for a good enough workout sadsad so was wondering if anyone knows of any good exercise DVD's??? That way I can do them whilst LO is napping and asleep in evening.

Thanks smile

MrsBradleyCooper Sat 22-Oct-11 23:39:24

Yes
You only need one DVD and that is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
You literally see results within days even though you think you're going to die
grin

4madboys Sat 22-Oct-11 23:39:36

i have the davina dvds, she does a preg and post natal one, i have the 3 30min workout one which i like as it doesnt take too long to do, when i do them i get results fast, just need to motivate myself, esp as dd is now 10mtsh old!

she has lots, have a look on amazon they are often on offer smile

NatashaBee Sat 22-Oct-11 23:41:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Moo14 Sun 23-Oct-11 09:00:12

Brilliant, thanks everyone!! smile x

MissBeehiving Sun 23-Oct-11 09:15:50

The Shred

humptydidit Sun 23-Oct-11 09:18:54

Does your gym have a creche?
There is a gym at the local leisure centre here with a creche which is affordable and in the next town at the creche, you can do your workout and then head to the pool and they will bring your baby/child to the pool to swim with you together afterwards if you like!

PrinceRogersNelson Sun 23-Oct-11 09:19:41

I prefer Davina myself. I think the shred is too high impact and does get results, but at a price and the warm up and cool down isn't great.

I have been doing Davina on and off for a year or so and my core strength is good and there is more variety and I don't get bored.

ENormaSnob Sun 23-Oct-11 09:30:22

Another vote for the shred.

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 23-Oct-11 09:39:10

Zumba cardio party. I noticed a big difference in My shape within a week, I love it, it's fun and makes you sweat soooo much, Im drenched after just 30 mins.

trixymalixy Sun 23-Oct-11 09:42:15

Jessica, could you link to the Zumba DVD please? sounds like just what I need!

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 23-Oct-11 09:47:28

Hi I bought it from qvc, think it's £44 for 7 dvd's, if you go to qvc.co.uk, you can check out all the reviews. I would it give it 10/10. I have lost a stone in just three weeks. I was a size 10 now am size 8.

snowballinashoebox Sun 23-Oct-11 09:49:14

The shred really does tone and quickly but as pointed out there are not enough stretches before and after and it does really punish knees.

trixymalixy Sun 23-Oct-11 09:50:07

Thanks, think I have found it. Does it come with toning sticks too?

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 23-Oct-11 09:50:49

Yes

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 23-Oct-11 09:52:14

I don't bother using the toning sticks tho. The cardio party is the best one.

Moo14 Sun 23-Oct-11 09:59:24

Have got Zumba already, am really enjoying it, just wanted something else too for a change smile

Have ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred smile

FairyArmadillo Sun 23-Oct-11 10:21:26

Shred's fantastic. If you've become really unfit you might feel like you're killing yourself the first time you do it BUT persevere. Before the first week was out I was noticing improvements in my energy levels and I wasn't stopping for breath as much during the workout.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now