Talk

Advanced search

Suitable for DH's work xmas do?

(16 Posts)
ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 13:34:04

Do you think this will be okay with opaques and heels?

here

I bought it today and am thinking it is too casual but DH says not.

First year I have been able to go due to work commitments and prenancy/babies and as dd2 is only 4 months don't feel I have my confidence back iykwim.

When dh was quizzed as to other women's attire I got "erm, party dresses", which hasn't been a help.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 13:46:00

I am thinking either

without straps

or

looks much better on

These are dresses I already have.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 13:47:03

try again

tak1ngchances Sat 22-Oct-11 13:56:48

I LOVE that first dress. If your heels are quite high then it will be fabulous. Also you can do lovely hair and make up

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Oct-11 13:57:35

I think the first one.

Get your nails done and hair etc and you will be fine. No one is expecting skin tight satin 4 months post natal.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 22-Oct-11 14:58:01

Def the first one. Unless the event is really dressy, you will look like you are trying to hard in the others.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 17:41:29

Oooo thank you for the replies! I'm glad you like the dress, I wasn't sure when I bought it.

The xmas do is at a castle, a banqueting type evening with clients. So although it is an impressive venue I don't think it will be that "posh", just a nice place to have a xmas meal.

As dress was such a bargain (bought it with birthday vouchers so only cost a tenner) will concentrate on lovely shoes.

fluffy

<faints at thought of baby belly in skin tight satin>

trixymalixy Sat 22-Oct-11 17:59:59

The first dress is lovely, and what a bargain!

CheeseandGherkins Sat 22-Oct-11 18:01:02

Sorry but I really don't like the first at all, second was so so and the third link didn't work for me (or fourth). As you've said a castle I would go for more dressier, I'd always dress up a lot for a Christmas meal anyway.

StickyProblem Sat 22-Oct-11 20:34:34

I love the first one - gorgeous - if I didn't have Ann Widdecombe arms I would get one myself smile
Have fun!

pink4ever Sat 22-Oct-11 20:44:17

Sorry but I disagree-dont think the first dress will cut it. Its lovely-for a dinner date or evening with the girls but just not special enough I think. Xmas do's people do tend to go extra glam imo. Didnt like 2nd dress either-sorry and other link didnt work.

Dorothy perkins,warehouse,wallis etc all have lovely party dresses in and lots of good offers on.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 23:11:28

Oh no I'm all of a tizz again!

I have ordered this one here

The first dress (I accept I am disregarding the others) is more pink than it looks in the pic. I tried it on with opaques, black high Mary Jane's and a knee length pale pink coat I have.

That sounds horrible but it did look nice, honest grin

pink4ever Sun 23-Oct-11 10:09:06

The monsoon dress is lovely-go with that.

trixymalixy Sun 23-Oct-11 10:21:51

Ooh, the Monsoon dress is fantastic!

tak1ngchances Sun 23-Oct-11 10:32:25

Totally disagree. Think the Monsoon dress is samey, boring and probably ageing.

I love the first one. It is modern. With a good blow-dry, statement jewellery and smokey eye make-up it would be stunning.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sun 23-Oct-11 11:03:38

I haven't tried the monsoon on yet, still waiting for delivery, so will see how it fits.

I may then take both round to my stylish friend's for her opinion. She is very savage honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now