Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me decide on a dress for black-tie wedding?

(10 Posts)
MrsMilton Sat 22-Oct-11 11:31:06

this

or

this

I like the first because it doesn't require a jacket/wrap/shrug etc and is very chic on and a nice fit but worry it might be a bit safe and dull for a wedding. Would dress up with jewellery obviously.

I think the second has more immediate wow factor and is a beautiful, unusual colour but would require something for the shoulders (potentially v.chilly November wedding) and the silk is rather clingy - ie. you can see the outline of my underwear!

WDYT? smile

MrsMilton Sat 22-Oct-11 12:26:09

Does no-one like either of them?

2nd one definitely - lovely! smile

scarevola Sat 22-Oct-11 13:13:59

Prefer the Kaliko one - the other looks a bit unforgiving (makes even a model look lumpy - not that I'm suggesting you're lumpy! Even the gorgeous and firm risk looking a bit sack-like). Also I think the brighter colour of the Kalico is better for a wedding.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Oct-11 13:23:42

The kaliko one. Everyone wheres black to these things. With a sable fake fur jacket. Very 1940s. <in my mind>

I make a point of wearing white or red.

two4one Sat 22-Oct-11 23:27:32

Kaliko one looks gorgeous. Silk can be unforgiving though on any lumps or bumps so maybe a slip? I do like the black one a lot though and actually think it looks easier to wear, although not as glam. Agree re fake fur jacket, would look fab.

7to25 Sat 22-Oct-11 23:56:47

I have only been to one black tie wedding, three years ago. It was full length and furs.

scarevola Sun 23-Oct-11 08:41:49

Black to a wedding is always iffy though. For every person who doesn't mind, there is someone who does.

And fur (even fake) can be problematic. Do check.

pink4ever Sun 23-Oct-11 10:02:03

I am going against the grain as I prefer the first one! Very chic and could def be glammed up. I think the second one is too bridesmaidy.

Alexironingboard Sun 23-Oct-11 11:05:59

I have also just started a thread about a wedding outfit. Have been asked to change my black dress confused.

I love the Kaliko one. I think I need a re-think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now