Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had fake eyelashes put on professionally?

(9 Posts)
Eyelasher Sat 22-Oct-11 10:48:17

did they look good ?I am thinking of outer corners only to avoid drag queen look, do they stay on long? Was it weird not using mascara?

Pagwatch Sat 22-Oct-11 10:50:42

I have had lash extensions several times.

They lasted three weeks or so but they fall out gradually.

They looked fantastic. I liked not using mascara. My understanding is that you can get crap professionals so it will depend on where you go. I think you tend to get what you pay for tbh.

Pagwatch Sat 22-Oct-11 10:52:10

Btw. You won't get the drag queen look if they do it properly. Lashes are of varying lengths. A decentbapplication should be of lashes that look natural but full and long.

Eyelasher Sat 22-Oct-11 11:09:33

right and it seems to be about £50.

Eyelasher Sat 22-Oct-11 18:24:52

bump

Northumberlandlass Sat 22-Oct-11 18:56:37

I haven't had them done myself, but have friends who have. I think they look amazing. So tempted to try but can't really justify the initial cost, then the infills.

catanddog Sat 22-Oct-11 19:04:18

Had them done today after deliberating for ages, and I love them! Had a patch test 2 days ago, and it took 1h15 to put them all in today. They put Mink ones in and I now look slightly like Bambi, and are fab! Look instantly glamorous and "done" without looking like a Kardasian.....

mummy2munchkin Sat 22-Oct-11 19:28:52

I had them done on the cheap and they looked bloody awful and she glued them pretty much to the inside of my eyelids so i couldn't close my eyes properly when i went to sleep, boo hoo. Definitely pay more and get a good experienced beauty therapist to put them in because they look lovely when done properly.

misspentangle Sat 22-Oct-11 21:09:17

Be VERY careful where you go to get them done. I'm a bridal make up artist and I've seen many brides who have had them done for their wedding day. Some are great, some are truly terrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now