Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this parka?

(10 Posts)
potteringaround Sat 22-Oct-11 08:38:34

Looking for a versatile coat to wear at weekends when I don't want to wear my more formal wool coats that I wear in the week, or not cold enough to wear my Zara down jacket. Its got to be able to accommodate layers underneath, but thick enough to keep the weather out.

Is this it?? Like the idea of a 'posh parka' (phrase coined by that awful Jess Cartner Morley woman) but this one is £££, although heavily discounted. Not much information about how thick it is etc. so wondered if TK Maxx returns are a pain (not ordered online with them before)?

Anyone got one or similar?

madammecholet Sat 22-Oct-11 08:46:47

I'm not keen on parkas as a general rule, tbh, this one is just so saggy and baggy imo.

potteringaround Sat 22-Oct-11 09:20:26

And makes you look bigger than you are? I find slimmer fitting casual winter coats/jackets are too limiting. Hmmmmmm

KCEHNR Sat 22-Oct-11 09:30:48

This is actually quite hideous. It's astonishing you weren't able to figure it out by yourself. Thank heavens for forums like this.

RosiethePriveter Sat 22-Oct-11 09:36:21

Agree that one is a little shapeless and baggy. There's lots of nice parkas here

www.asos.com/Women/Jackets-Coats/Parkas/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=11899#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1

I got mine from ASOS last year and wear it all the time, it's light and slightly fitted with a fur hood and looks great as well as being able to fit layers underneath.

RosiethePriveter Sat 22-Oct-11 09:36:55

Not sure if trese count as 'Posh parkas' though smile

potteringaround Sat 22-Oct-11 09:43:47

Thanks Rosie. I definitely don't want something I would go walking in, but there are a couple of 'posh' ones on ASOS. I never think of ASOS when I'm trawling...... smile

Pippaandpolly Sat 22-Oct-11 09:51:17

I can't link on my phone but the above link to ASOS includes one I bought-£80 ASOS parka with detachable faux fur lining. It's gorgeous-so warm, the 'faux fur' is not gross but actually a really nice (faux) sheepskin, it has great pockets and was pretty bargainous I think. It comes up quite large-I'm ordinarily a 16 and it's pretty big, but I like it that way to go over jumpers etc. It's my best buy so far this season!

potteringaround Sat 22-Oct-11 11:22:56

Ha ha! I'm now remembering that I had one from Esprit about 7 years back. They didnt have my size so I bought the size up and ended up getting rid of it cos I thought it always made me look huge. At least I know where I'm getting the idea from, although I had a beautiful brown silk Jigsaw one about 20 years back that was great for going out, but ended up getting a cigarette burn in it....

I like this one, if the fur is detachable (doesnt look like it is)

and this one although probably too baggy looking again.

So what's a great weekend coat style if I want something a bit funkier than your regular tailored styles? <stumped>

madammecholet Sat 22-Oct-11 16:20:43

Prefer the first asos one potteringaround

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now