Talk

Advanced search

Tell me where to buy stylish nursing tops that aren't really expensive.

(6 Posts)
feelingratheroverwhelmed Fri 21-Oct-11 22:07:27

With DS1 I bought a few tops from H&M and Mothercare. I decided not to spend much money on them as I wouldn't wear them much. I then lived in them for over a year!

So, DS2 has just come along, and I need some new clothes! I do like specific nusing tops rather than layering normal clothes (layering always makes me feel quite chunky).

Where to go and what to buy????

mistressploppy Fri 21-Oct-11 22:09:17

Watching as I could have written your op! I had a couple from Blooming Marvellous with DS1, like you I lived in them for a year...

coastgirl Fri 21-Oct-11 22:23:30

I have researched this thoroughly, and let's just put it this way - I don't own any nursing tops. They are all gopping IMO and I think I must have seen every one online.

Fat Face have millions of tops that button up this season, though. I like that sort for BFing in.

Sleepwhenidie Fri 21-Oct-11 23:03:52

I agree with coastgirl, with all 3 dc's, I just lived in normal tops with an h&m vest (cheap and nice and long) underneath, just lift top and pull down vest to feed without flashing any post baby belly. Perfect time of year for it too...

deviladvocate Fri 21-Oct-11 23:27:41

did exactly the same with my 3 - M&S are doing vests that have a bit of <ahem> control in the tummy so double benefit!

If you're not very tall, there are lots of far eastern based companies that do great nursing wear - eg; annee matthews, mothers en vogue,

Seraphine do some nice tops here

gaelicsheep Fri 21-Oct-11 23:29:55

Personally I don't think the words "stylish" and "nursing top" belong in the same sentence grin.

Just get some vests to wear under another layer of clothing. I will allow that "nursing" vests are quite useful for this. Better still just sit behind a table and hitch up a t-shirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now