Talk

Advanced search

O.k. ladys I could really do with some make up help please!

(5 Posts)
Elloeise Fri 21-Oct-11 21:26:43

I'm getting married next week and could really do with some advice on what make up to buy, that would be good to help make my eyes more noticable in the photo's.

I've got mousie brorn hair, peaches and cream skin with high colouring (i.e. red checks)

Any advice would be apicaiated

Jymjamjen Fri 21-Oct-11 21:42:55

Congrats! I got married 3 weeks ago and used Benefit Confessions of a concealerholic set. It has all the things to help even skin tone. 2 colours of concealer, a skin primer which has a soft pink glow, a colour correcting base for you eyes, under eye concealer and eye brightener.A nice little set for around £25. My friend recommended it to me after she used hers for her wedding day. I was really pleased with the finish and looked great in the photos. Best to buy it ASAP and play with it before the big day tho.
I then used a Max Factor foundation and pink eyeshadow and boots dusky pink blusher. waterproof mascara is a must- unless you go for eyelash tinting. I chose black-brown as blach was too harsh. And then I used brown eyeliner.
Another friend of mine used Bare Minerals, as did her sister.
Hope this gives you some ideas.

Nippysnippy Fri 21-Oct-11 23:20:20

Check out make-up advice for soft autumns.

Bohica Fri 21-Oct-11 23:27:07

I've just converted to BareMinerals, so natural looking and easy to do.

cleo2412 Sat 22-Oct-11 03:05:55

Congratulations! Enjoy the day , the waterproof mascara is a definite, and a soft eyeliner is important, dont be afraid to have a bit more defintion than normal as it will really work better for photos. A really good tip is from a makeup artist i know , who swears by Goe Oil, as it really hydrates and give dewiness, so your makeup really glides on and doesn't look dry, as a bride should glow. A lip pencil is a must too , especially for the photos. Have a great wedding day!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now