Talk

Advanced search

MAC, Bobbi Brown, Origins - your recommendations?

(10 Posts)
duende Fri 21-Oct-11 20:50:30

hello ladies. A friend of mine has told me today that she can get me a good discount for mac, bobbi brown, origins and clinique.
I have recently purchased bare minerals starter kit (victim of mumsnet!) so don't need any foundation/ powder. I could do with some good primer, MAC prep and prime is supposed to be good?

I could also do with some miraculous moisturiser and eye cream.
I have combination skin, am early thirties. I also have thread veins on my nose and cheeks and my nose is alaways red sad
add to it dark circles under my eyes and you get mortitia addams sad

would you like to recommed your best buys..?

wonkylegs Fri 21-Oct-11 20:53:51

I love all Bobbi Brown (except mascara) and pretty much my whole face comes from there - I do like the whole less is more approach to make up though so I wear a pretty neutral palette whilst coving up the ever increasing imperfections of agegrin

happyAvocado Sat 22-Oct-11 01:16:34

I love Bobbi Brown

Chocchip88 Sat 22-Oct-11 08:39:36

Don't have moisturiser or eye cream recommendations but MAC eyeshadow is great, fantastic range of colours, great staying power. I LOVE BB shimmer brick, every time I use it people tell me I look well - I assume they genuinely mean it and it doesn't make me look fat!

misspentangle Sat 22-Oct-11 21:15:19

Another vote for MAC eyeshadows. Brilliant selection of shades and they last all day. I also love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner which you'll also need a brush to apply - I like the MAC 209 brush. Clinique blushers are amongst my favourites although I'm not keen on the brush that comes with them. I'm guessing your friend will also probably get discount for Estee Lauder as they're part of the same group that owns the brands you mentioned. I like their moisturisers, although I do think moisturisers are a personal thing, what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit someone else.

duende Sat 22-Oct-11 21:29:28

thank you for your suggestions! I will check out the MAC eyeshadows and have a good look around the bobbi brown website. I don't know their products at all.
misspentangle, yes, she did mention estee lauder as well. will check out their skincare.

NewChoos Sat 22-Oct-11 21:47:59

Big fan of Origins:
Erase the years moisturiser
Lavender shower gel and the body scrub in the range.
Hand cream.
Intensive conditioner - can't remember the name but it smells like pears!

Also keen on MAC eyeshadows, eyeliners and the matt primer.

madmomma Sun 23-Oct-11 22:44:02

origins modern friction is a fabulous exfoliator
love MAC eye and lip pencils

40notTrendy Sun 23-Oct-11 22:47:00

MAC lipstick fab. BB shimmer brick, gel eyeliner and just got a pot rouge which I am lovin'. Estée Lauder skincare good, but my skin changed after ds, so now am a committed Clinique girl.

NotADudeExactly Sun 23-Oct-11 23:43:33

Seeing as it hasn't been mentioned yet: MAC makeup brushes are fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now