Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone want to dress me from the shoes up please?

(9 Posts)
MittzyTheVampishVixen Fri 21-Oct-11 17:14:18

I have these beauties and am planning to wear them to a party in November..

I am a 'stocky' size 14, 5' 8'', have solid legs, and even more solid shoulders.. so on tops I don't go for fussy or drapey as I just look too big. Simple lines and to be honest not too fussy in pattern/design.

Have thought about jeans and a lush top but would prefer high waisted jeans smile

Skirts and dressed I tend to go for just above the knee so that my thighs don't cause offence!

I have <peers down> minimal norkage that can be coaxed into something resembling 'assets' grin

My hair will be vehr short and very blond.

Please and thank you very muchly smile

MittzyTheVampishVixen Fri 21-Oct-11 17:15:07

Oh, and I am partial to quirky smile TIA

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 18:10:59

I'd go clashy-clashy with yellow or green tights and a brown dress.

Dress

Dress

Dress

Tights

Tights

LesserOfTwoWeevils Fri 21-Oct-11 18:13:16

How about these for lush tops? They're posh-looking but not fussy.
These are some pale/neutral tops that will tone with the shoes:
www.riverisland.com/Online/women/tops/going-out-tops/beige-crochet-and-bead-layer-top-610427
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_017010537009_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ETops
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_34519+65410205_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ETops
This is a gorgeous vintage colour but a simple modern style.
Brighter colour
here.
Dress in the same silk as the second top here.
Your spectacular shoes would go brilliantly with a Forties-style dress, with padded shoulders and a spot of draping, maybe in oyster, maybe a bit of a sheen.
What about this or this? Or something silvery?
Another neutral here, if you want the shoes to be the star of the show. This is a fabulous colour, though.

MittzyTheVampishVixen Fri 21-Oct-11 18:18:43

I really like the tulip shift dress smile The Ce Me one is gorgeous but too clingy for my undulations!

Tabio is a good sight.. I might have to bookmark that!

I got a gorgeous shift dress from a charity shop today that is begging for some nice tights.

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 18:23:32

Another nice brown one here

MittzyTheVampishVixen Fri 21-Oct-11 18:32:01

That Phase Eight one is fabulous and very grown up smile I love that.
The silvery one is gorgeous but I don't think I would get much wear out of it...

I also like the side tie Kaliko one the colour is very striking.
I like the Kaliko top as well and it would be different to anything I have worn before.

fimac1 Sun 23-Oct-11 16:34:54

I am not going to buy anymore clothes before consulting with TethHearseEnd after reading this thread!

fimac1 Sun 23-Oct-11 16:35:33

As in all the dresses are fab-u-lous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now