Talk

Advanced search

Christening outfit help

(8 Posts)
Pigleychez Fri 21-Oct-11 15:03:42

I'm going to a christening on Sunday and have no idea what to wear!? I usually have it all planned ages in advance but been so busy lately its crept up on me!

I havent been to a christening for years and years so abit unsure what the etiquette is for christenings? Is it like weddings?

Also need to dress the girls but im sure I can find something for them amongst their hundreds of dresses!

Trouble is I have NO time to go get anything, need to make a cake this afternoon for mums 60th party tomorrow that's miles away!- Oh and supervise 2 toddlers!
If anything then its order from NEXT for next day delivery.

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 15:19:07

Right, quick:

Size/budget/colouring?

Dress?

Length?

Sleeves?

Pigleychez Fri 21-Oct-11 15:22:54

Size 12/14

think long or 3/4 sleeves

budget of about £40?

Thing is I don't really want to be 'too' dressed up as straight after we are heading out for DH's Nans birthday meal where I know BIL and wife will be in jeans. Dont want to look silly IYKWIM.

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 15:37:37

How about:

This

Here

Here

Order by 6pm and they will do next day delivery.

Pigleychez Fri 21-Oct-11 15:47:54

Oh I like the 2nd one but fear my flabby tummy wouldnt! Good to know they do next day delivery too!

Would black trousers and a nice top be ok do you think? Are christenings a very dressy affair? I was a child the last time I went to a christening!

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 15:53:22

Perhaps.

I think black trousers could be a bit officey. What kind?

TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 16:01:06

How about this top?

MrsMilton Fri 21-Oct-11 19:23:34

In my experience christening are not super dressy affairs, definitely not like a wedding. Dressing smartly is the norm, rather than in a showy/glam way. Trousers and top would be completely fine. Men usually wear collar and tie to these things - if that gives you a guide.

Really just being there and making a fuss of the baby afterwards is what counts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now