Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a good net underskirt/petticoat?

(5 Posts)
BettyButterknife Fri 21-Oct-11 14:14:40

I have a lovely dress (Toast from a few years back, think it was called Firefly or something similar). It's quite a fifties shape, comes just below the knee, pleated skirt.

I want to wear it to a party and think it'd look good with a net skirt underneath to widen the skirt a bit - might also make my waist look smaller smile

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get one from please? Have heard some can be a bit rubbish! Thanks

BettyButterknife Fri 21-Oct-11 14:16:14

Oh, should maybe say that the dress is navy blue with red/yellow pattern so would need something that would go - not sure black or White would go...

ujjayi Fri 21-Oct-11 15:01:45

Vivienne of Holloway sell net underskirts.

OldBride Fri 21-Oct-11 21:29:50

You could just make one out of net. All you need is a circle of net - fold into 4 and cut the corner off using a teaplate as a template. Then make a casing out of satin ribbon and stick some elastic through it. You can buy net from ebay and other on-line fabric stores. I paid £40 for one exactly as I have described from Suzannah. (i didn't make my own cos I was a bit busy at the time)

nobodysfool Fri 21-Oct-11 21:43:12

I bought a lovely one off ebay .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now