Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for slightly cropped jeans

(10 Posts)
ComradeJing Fri 21-Oct-11 03:58:33

i have a heap of skinny boyfriend jeans and cords from a levis outlet store. They're all slightly rolled up at the bottom so sit around my ankle bone to about an inch above.

What shoes can I wear with them? Can I wear socks? I just need something comfy and flat and able to survive winter. Converse?

CaptainMartinCrieff Fri 21-Oct-11 04:02:05

I think all the fashionable ladies are wearing brogues at the moment? Personally I'm predominantly wearing boots, either standard high leather boots or Merrel boots. Converse really won't see you through winter your feet will be both cold and wet, save them for spring/summer.

dairymoo Fri 21-Oct-11 09:54:35

I have the same issue, and agree that brogues are the way forward, or converse, but you'll need to invest in some wolly socks to keep your toes warm!

MrsVoltar Fri 21-Oct-11 12:28:19

I'd go for ankle boots that aren't too slim fitting, as long as the jeans/cords are not too wide either. Skinnies you can tuck in, straight leg could just 'sit' at the top.

Like this type of thing.

AnnetteProfit Fri 21-Oct-11 12:42:07

wedge desert boots

LesserOfTwoWeevils Fri 21-Oct-11 12:48:28

Brogues or loafers.

ComradeJing Fri 21-Oct-11 14:29:52

These are very similar if not the same thing in a different colour:

here

Mine might be slightly longer.

I'm probably leaning towards converse or brogues or loafers but can I wear socks or will that look bloody daft?

sprinkles77 Fri 21-Oct-11 17:58:50

Boots to over your ankles?

Ifancyashandy Fri 21-Oct-11 18:01:14

I'm wearing them with brogues, loafers, Cuban heeled ankle boots or biker boots. Then pointed stilettos in the evening.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Fri 21-Oct-11 18:56:52

Socks would work if you are super-cool, and wear them like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now