Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this coat is beautiful?

(16 Posts)
Istillfeelseventeen Thu 20-Oct-11 17:49:35

I have left the catalogue in the loo with corner of page turned down in case DH robs bank before Christmas

http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/ladies/outerwear-1730/shearling-hide-outerwear/hooded-toscana-sheepskin-coat/

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Oct-11 17:52:00

erm, no. no i don't.

sorry

Hassled Thu 20-Oct-11 17:53:33

Well it looks beautiful on the model. I don't know if it would be beautiful on someone not tall and slim .

HettyAmaretti Thu 20-Oct-11 17:53:45

No, sorry, far from it.

Catsmamma Thu 20-Oct-11 17:55:55

I like it, but ffs HOW MUCH???

we have cars that cost less than that! :D

DonaAna Thu 20-Oct-11 17:56:54

No. My mother has one of those left over from the 70s/ early 80s - it's just one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

said Thu 20-Oct-11 17:58:21

Yes, I do, I think it's very lovely. If you waft around Siberia. But you would have to wear it every winter forever to justify the cost.

LydiaWickham Thu 20-Oct-11 18:01:21

Unless you are 6 foot tall and a size 8, you'll look bloody awful in it, yet due to the cost of it, you'll have to wear it all the time.

what about this bit more forgiving on the figure and the bank balance...

gregssausageroll Thu 20-Oct-11 18:25:59

It would look beautiful on someone like Claudia Schiffer!

Catsmamma Thu 20-Oct-11 18:28:49

said has a good point....do you have anywhere to wear it??

.... cos you are going to look like a boiled pixie wearing it to go shopping.

Trills Thu 20-Oct-11 18:33:22

Not exactly beautiful, but it looks cosy.

There's a box under where you write your message that says "Convert links automatically", if you tick it it'll make it easier for people to look at coats you want to show them.

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Thu 20-Oct-11 18:38:19

If you look like her, never have to do anything practical, live somewhere incredibly beautiful and have more money than sense then go for it.

DonaAna Thu 20-Oct-11 18:59:04

Just to add, my mum (tall, slim, blonde, lives near the Arctic) wore hers for a year or two when it was the height of fashion, then abandoned it. By the time it was fashionable again and she offered it to me, it had stiffened and become almost unwearable. Also check how heavy it is - and see whether it flaps open in the wind.

RosemarysBassoon Thu 20-Oct-11 19:01:47

No, I think it looks a bit Elsie Tanner and I bet it smells.

Sleepwhenidie Thu 20-Oct-11 19:09:17

Lovely smile

EdlessAllenPoe Thu 20-Oct-11 19:15:29

i think it will be very heavy. and it looks rather straight-cut...

i like the hood-shape though.

i bet the sheepskin round the neck tickles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now