Talk

Advanced search

are emus as warm as uggs?

(7 Posts)
spooktrain Thu 20-Oct-11 14:29:24

immediate disclaimer I can't stand either personally

but dsd swears her uggs are the only thing that keep off chilblains

here (in Italy) emus cost less than half the price of uggs, so would they be just as warm? (seeing as she's needing a new pair and I think 265 euros is just a leetle expensive...

gregssausageroll Thu 20-Oct-11 15:17:45

Yes, exactly the same. I think she's just saying that because of the presumed status of uggs. My emus are just as warm.

spooktrain Thu 20-Oct-11 15:24:06

I suspected as much...I can just imagine the chilblains suddenly popping out if we do buy the emus.

PrimaBallerina Thu 20-Oct-11 17:35:23

UGGs are sheepskin and EMUs are suede lined with merino wool. I've had both and think UGGs are warmer (but just as ugly apparently wink).

norrisghoulafterpm Thu 20-Oct-11 17:38:23

I may need new glasses, I read that as 'Are emus ever worn as eggs'? I thought it was a sexual term blush

dingdong3 Thu 20-Oct-11 18:24:40

If you buy the dearer emus, they are sheepskin. The cheaper emus are as prima says, not actually sheepskin but merino wool lined and defo not as nice or warm as the real thing.

NinkyNonker Thu 20-Oct-11 19:39:37

My sheepskin Emus are just as toasty as my old Uggs, and feel far more solid. I would certainly not pay the extra for Uggs now, back when I bought mine I got them direct from NZ for £85 delivered for a tall pair...they're £200 in the UK now! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now