Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick - like lipgloss but a bit more colour - moist not matt.

(14 Posts)
TracyK Thu 20-Oct-11 13:32:38

Any recommendations - I'm fed up with the brush applicator type things that come with gloss. WOuld like a nice lipstick that is not too sheer, not too dense a colour - but is dewy and moist.

AnnetteProfit Thu 20-Oct-11 15:46:19

I know what you mean.
I'll think on.

PollyRoxs Thu 20-Oct-11 16:35:29

Have you tried No7 in Boots? They do a sheer lipstick type gloss and it comes in many shades. I have it in 20 Entice & 40 Lovely both are suitable to wear most days for work and on evenings out.

I love them, a real find plus got my first one free in a pack of Protect & Perfect products and then the second one for £5 with a coupon for something else I bought.

cyb Thu 20-Oct-11 16:48:28

Collection 2000 Ultra Glossy lippy is ace, 'moist' but longer lasting than gloss

Popbiscuit Thu 20-Oct-11 16:53:40

Clinique "Almost Lipstick"

TracyK Thu 20-Oct-11 16:57:15

Thanks girls - will add to my list for a trip to boots!

warmandwooly Thu 20-Oct-11 18:05:33

Another vote for clinique almost lipstick. Plus clinique is on bonust time at the mo so if you were to buy a skincare product you'd get a gidt i think. (Bonus time is on at Debenhams)

Jenstar21 Thu 20-Oct-11 19:28:53

Or Elizabeth Arden's tinted 8 hour cream sticks? I use plum, which is sheer, but really moisturising. Especially good in winter....

blabalalalablabla Thu 20-Oct-11 19:34:10

try Laura Mercier Lip Glace - lasts all day on me - very hydrating too.

moragbellingham Thu 20-Oct-11 19:41:09

Lip chic by Chantecaille are my favourite. They are glossy and pigmented yet sheer if that makes sense. They also stay on 10x longer than any other sheer lipsticks.
Shame they are £££

MangoMonster Thu 20-Oct-11 19:41:10

YSL gloss volupte is lovely.

whojimmyflip Thu 20-Oct-11 19:51:30

Sleek pout pots in Superdrug are amazingly pigmented. Bit scary in pots but lovely on.
Or GOSH do good pigmented lip colours. Called lip colour: not gloss, not lipstick.
I dont just buy budget brands but these are very good.

Havingkittens Thu 20-Oct-11 21:45:49

MAC's Sheen Supreme lipsticks are nice. Also, YSL Candy Shine lipsticks and Lancome's new sheer lipstick, the name of which I can't remember at the moment.

Poppy King for No 7 at Boots, lovely sheer shades and you can get them in the No 7 three for two, or No 7 vouchers. Might have to hunt around for them, they were tucked away on a promotional stand away from the main No7 stand when I bought them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now