Talk

Advanced search

Bollywood themed party? What do we wear?

(3 Posts)
bombaydreams Thu 20-Oct-11 12:04:46

DH and I have been invited to a Bollywood fancy dress party. I think if I'm honest I feel a bit weird as a white couple "dressing up" like this and this respectively but maybe I'm over thinking it.
That aside I would rather spend the money on something we may be able to wear another time.
Thoughts?
TIA

DukesOfTripHazard Thu 20-Oct-11 12:09:39

A wig. I got a gorgeous long dark wig for a friends Bollywood 50th. Lots of little stick on beads for round eyes and on forehead. Already had a shalwar kameez type thing.

Why weird? It's a fantastic theme

Jessicaalbastwin Thu 20-Oct-11 12:12:17

Wear an english outfit but wear indian accessories with your outfit, like bangles or maybe a bindi ( little dot on head). My dad is of dual heritage, english and indian, and my mum is italian. When I am invited to an indian party or wedding, I sometimes wear an english dress but just use indian accessories. Having said that you can buy some really nice elegant looking indian sarees that wont break the bank. I have seen a few hollywood celenrities wearing gorgeous sarees on the red carpet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now