Talk

Advanced search

I need a top to wear on Friday - suggestions please

(8 Posts)
sweetheart Thu 20-Oct-11 09:43:54

Hi all,
I'm going out for dinner with the girls on Friday and I'll probably wear either black or dark blue skinny jeans with heals and either a leather jacket or a blazer. I need a top to go with it - trouble is I'm feeling a bit on the porky side at the moment and I'd usually wear a longline t-shirt or something with an outfit like this but I need something less clingy.

Can you please suggest some tops? I've got very limited shopping time so hight street would be best/
Ta

sweetheart Thu 20-Oct-11 09:46:18

Oh I'm a summer as well if that helsp with colours - perhaps something pink or beige? And a size 10 pear shape - need to hide tummy / love handles and perhaps my bottom too!

AngryFeet Thu 20-Oct-11 09:54:34

I am a pear shape too and just bought this. Honestly it is soooo flattering. Makes your waist look tiny and balances out a pair shape with the slightly puffy arms. The skirt skims so hides your bum too. I am wearing mine on Saturday with leggings and boots. I tried it on with skinny jeans and it looked great too.

You are a size 10! How can you be looking porky? Not possible smile

sweetheart Thu 20-Oct-11 10:03:21

thabnks angry - that's going on the reserve list. it's more like a dress / tunic than a top and also was thinking about wearing animal print shoes so would have to have a bit of a outfit re-think. Thanks though - it's a good start.

sweetheart Thu 20-Oct-11 14:29:04

bump - anyone?

lechatnoir Thu 20-Oct-11 22:17:03

This looks lovely with dark jeans

LesserOfTwoWeevils Thu 20-Oct-11 23:05:27

This is definitely a summer colour.
This and
this are longer and would cover the alleged porkiness...

sweetheart Fri 21-Oct-11 11:34:36

sad I brought the next top in red yesterday (they only had red) but the shape is no good, too baggy round the middle but too tight around the bottom.

I quite like the DP stuff - will head there at lunchtime and hope my small local store has something in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now