Talk

Advanced search

2nd hand sheepskin boots - how to 'disinfect'?!

(8 Posts)
LaTristesse Thu 20-Oct-11 09:06:05

So being hard up and cold I've bought some 2nd hand Uggs from eBay. They apparently have only been worn a handful of times and do look pretty clean inside but is there anything I can use to ensure they're as hygenic as poss?! They've probably been worn without socks... I'm thinking powder of some kind...? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks smile

gregssausageroll Thu 20-Oct-11 09:08:10

bicarb of soda would work but you should be able to remove the insole and wash it through.

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 20-Oct-11 09:29:55

I would buy some wool wash and bung em on a wool cycle in the machine if it was me. Lots of people on here have washed thiers and they said that they were fine smile Enjoy your new UGGS

LaTristesse Thu 20-Oct-11 09:50:17

Do you mean just the insoles Littlepumpkinpie or the whole boot? I've got the leather Kensingtons with buckles and think they'd cripple my machine if I were to chuck the whole thing in...! Thanks gregs will bear that in mind...

PinotScreechio Thu 20-Oct-11 10:16:28

Ooh good thread.

I wonder if you can wash Fitflop mukluk boots?

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 20-Oct-11 11:23:46

Not got UGGS myself LaTristesse if the insoles come out just wash those. I did mean the whole boot. But would not risk them with leather buckles your machine would survive.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 20-Oct-11 11:29:34

Pinot - you can't wash Fitflop Mukluks. It was on the care instructions. smile

I have them (the suede version, with the sheepskin inside) and I've got some suede cleaner for the outside - it's worked quite well as this is year 3 and they still look good.

PinotScreechio Thu 20-Oct-11 11:36:38

Thanks Laurie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now