Talk

Advanced search

Long lasting lipstick under £15ish

(13 Posts)
vanillagorilla Thu 20-Oct-11 08:59:28

Hi, I am back at work and none of my daytime lipsticks seem to have any staying power, and I need some colour on my face at the moment as am seriously sleep deprived. Am after a neutral, pinky-nude style colour, but wondered if you ladies could recommend a brand/specific lipstick that you have found to last for at least a few hours so I dont come out of meetings looking dead. If it moisturises even better.
TIA

birdsofshoreandsea Thu 20-Oct-11 09:04:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wools Thu 20-Oct-11 09:21:12

Try Revlon "Mauve It Over". It's a matt, long lasting pinky nude shade. I put it on over a touch of lip balm so it doesn't feel dry.

ilovearnold Thu 20-Oct-11 09:21:14

Hi - I WOULD RECOMMEND BOBBY BROWN - ITS MOISTURISING - NOT A TRADITIONAL LONG STAY THAT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE WITH MAKE UP REMOVER - BUT I FIND ITS LASTS ALL AM.I USE ROSEBERRY AND I HAVE A SPRING TYPE COMPLEXION - PALE SKIN.I REALLY RECOMMEND THE STAFF AT BOBBY BROWN IF YOU CAN GET TO A COUNTER - THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NON PUSHY AND REALLY SEEM TO KNOW STUFF...BAD EWS THO ITS £ 16 BUT LASTS A LONG LONG TIME A S THE QUALITY IS FAB..GOOD LUCK !!

Elemental Thu 20-Oct-11 10:17:07

My favourites at the moment are the Poppy King lipsticks for No7. I can never find proper nude shades for my lips, but have found that Confidence is a peachy nude and Intrigue a pinky nude that work perfectly for me. Lovely formula too - they go on quite sheer but still with a good amount of colour and stay on for ages without drying.

vanillagorilla Thu 20-Oct-11 11:45:41

thanks all, have used lipfinity in the past but agree they are very drying. will have a look at no.7, think they are 3 4 2 at the moment?

valiumredhead Thu 20-Oct-11 11:57:56

I really like Max Infinity, I don't find it drying if I wear the balm and reapply once or twice throughout the day. Another option is Maybeline long lasting one - can't recall the name - again very good.

Nippysnippy Thu 20-Oct-11 12:06:58

Revlon colorstay soft and smooth. Discont. but you can still pick it up on Ebay for about three quid. Soft cashmere is a warm peachy pink beige. Succulent berry is probably more your shade.

Bugsy2 Thu 20-Oct-11 12:10:56

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Colour - flipping awesome stuff. Put it on in the morning & its still there when I take it off in the evening.

valiumredhead Thu 20-Oct-11 12:17:00

That's the stuff Bugsy!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vanillagorilla Sat 22-Oct-11 21:54:22

So I bought a maybelline one today, put it on when I got home (to do the ironing, natch) and was impressed. It lasted a cup of lemsip and a tea and my dinner, and you can still see it on my lips! Going to get a couple more colours, 2 for £12 currently in Boots... thanks ladies!

valiumredhead Sun 23-Oct-11 09:30:26

Oh good - it's fab stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now