Talk

Advanced search

How to clean Babyliss Big Hair

(21 Posts)
choppychopster Wed 19-Oct-11 22:24:35

I've been using a voluming mousse with my BBH since I got it in January and have noticed that it's getting a bit, erm, skanky. Any tips for cleaning it? I'd normally wash hair brushes with shampoo, but obviously not going to do that what with the electricity and all.

choppychopster Fri 21-Oct-11 15:09:31

Anyone? am I doomed to a grubby BBH or even worse, flat hair?

cyb Fri 21-Oct-11 15:12:39

Oh I dont use any product when I use mine. Are you sure you need it? its SOO volumising by itself I have to deflate my hair afterwards

GetOrfMo1Land Fri 21-Oct-11 15:14:46

I use product on mine, and also a load of hair had got wrapped around it, so I tugged at the hair and pulled a load of the tufty brushes out, so if you do clean it, be careful. I need to buy a new one now.

I have to use product cyb, volumising spray and mousse, as I only have about 67 hairs on my whole head and they need all the help they get.

SixStringWidow Fri 21-Oct-11 15:20:00

GetOrfMo1Land - Asda are doing them at £25

I don't use product but I need to take the hair out of the bristles every day, or I don't feel it's working properly.

In your situation choppychopster can't you try a dry scrub with a nailbrush or something - it might get some of the gunk out?

cyb Fri 21-Oct-11 15:21:30

I have approx 3,456,879 hairs on my head and they're all HUGE and COARSE

ggirl Fri 21-Oct-11 15:22:41

cyb am intrigued that you get lots of volume with yours,

mine just makes my hair smooth and swishy
no volume achieved at all

volume is my nemesis

ggirl Fri 21-Oct-11 15:23:18

aah you've answered my q
mine is fine but lots of it

cyb Fri 21-Oct-11 15:24:52

I get masses of volume but also use to smooth when hair freshly washed as its rough then

Mainly use to smooth then, but will inflate my hair with it a couple of days later when its flattened by sleep

ggirl Fri 21-Oct-11 15:26:44

am envy
I have to wash my hair daily...pita

GetOrfMo1Land Fri 21-Oct-11 15:28:31

i wish I had course hair, or at the very least just more of this shitty fine stuff.

Thanks sixstring, will have a look. Good ol' asda.

GetOrfMo1Land Fri 21-Oct-11 15:28:51

I also am another daily hair washer. PITA.

CleopatrasAsp Fri 21-Oct-11 20:42:46

Sixstringwidow, is that in store please as it is still at a higher price online? Thanks.

SixStringWidow Fri 21-Oct-11 21:01:36

CleopatraAsp. Yes it was in store when I saw it. Only last week too.

choppychopster Fri 21-Oct-11 21:11:57

Thanks! Think I'll try giving it a dry scrub with a nailbrush. Good to know they're only £25 now in case it all goes horribly wrong.

I find the BBH gives a nice finish, but not tons of volume. I have fine very straight hair. Think that the brush is too big to get close enough to the roots to create real volume.

scotgirl Fri 21-Oct-11 21:12:51

I use a bit of mouse and I am finding the bristle are getting a hard white coating on them. I too have lost a few clumps of brushes by pulling the hair off too hard. I am thinking that a more gentle dehairing then a hot flannel rubbed up and down on the bristles a couple of times (with the brush not plugged in!) is the way to go.

scotgirl Fri 21-Oct-11 21:13:52

have you got layers? Tell you hairdresser you have one and get her to give you some if you don't have any. You need layers to get the volume I think!

kerpob Fri 21-Oct-11 21:14:12

Slightly off topic - would you recommend the BBH for fine hair for smoothing out bob which gets all wonky when I sleep on it?

scotgirl Fri 21-Oct-11 21:15:08

Also I think you need shoulder length hair to get the best effect - the diameter is the brush is too big if its shorter..

bigpants103 Fri 21-Oct-11 21:18:08

Some else had said they were £25 in asda and I can only find online for £43.85 from asda. Is it just in store then do you know?

CleopatrasAsp Fri 21-Oct-11 21:27:28

Thanks for that SixStringWidow. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now