Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had the semi permanent mascara?

(9 Posts)
Kellamity Wed 19-Oct-11 19:03:15

Was it any good? I am thinking if having it done before I go on holiday in December.

ggirl Wed 19-Oct-11 19:21:02

do you mean eyelash dyeing?
have had it done
make sure you get tested for allergy befoe you get it done
I had horrendous allergic reaction wheni had it done for my summer hols
I looked awful , like the she-devil from the exorcist
took a few weeks to go away

Kellamity Wed 19-Oct-11 19:31:14

No not eyelash dyeing, that doesn't thicken your eyelashes which with my stubby little things I need. You can now have a semi permanent mascara applied which thickens as well as colours.

Carrotsandcelery Wed 19-Oct-11 19:34:41

I haven't had it done but I am considering it too. The one I have been told about it mylashes I think. It is supposed to tint, thicken and curl your eyelashes. I was told it would last 3 weeks (so it probably lasts 2 <cynic>)

At my beauticians it costs £40 I think so I would only do it for a holiday or maybe over the Christmas party season <yeah right!> or similar.

I am very interested to hear how you/others get on with it.

Fifitrixibella Wed 19-Oct-11 19:39:43

I had this done - it was called Crybaby. I was happy with it for the first week, but after that as it broke down it started to not look very good. You can get it properly taken off (at a cost), but I just waited until it wore off. By the 3rd/4th week I just really wanted it off as the remaining bits looked messy and I just wanted to put mascara on. I wouldn't get it done again.

lampli Wed 19-Oct-11 20:26:44

I had this done. It was called myscara. For the first 24 hours it just looked like I was wearing very badly applied mascara. After that it just looked worse and worse every day. My eyelashes were stuck together every morning when I woke up, actually tangled together and I would lose lots of eyelashes when trying to prise them apart. You know when people put mascara on but don't make any attempt to comb through their eyelashes? That's what I looked like. It only lasted about a week, but I still have bits there now, 4 weeks later. I'm damned if I am going to pay to have it all soaked off. All the staff at the salon claimed to have it done and I had a good look at them before I had it done but what I had done bore no resemblance to that. I would never do it again. I didn't pay full price, thank goodness.

I would only recommend you have this done if you like to wear gallons of badly applied mascara and false lashes and have the time/money to have it re-done every week.

Carrotsandcelery Wed 19-Oct-11 21:02:26

lampli I am sorry you had such a bad experience. Thank you for the warning.

iknowanoldlady Wed 19-Oct-11 21:40:33

I would echo the warnings - the one I had done felt horrible on, didn't really lengthen the lashes all that much (no better than just wearing mascara) and flaked off leaving, I am convinced, my natural lashes shorter. Totally not worth it!

Kellamity Wed 19-Oct-11 21:41:43

Yes thanks for the warnings, I don't think I will bother. Might just invest in a good waterproof mascara for my beachy days wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now