Talk

Advanced search

Advice on how to restyle

(5 Posts)
WitchesBroomForMyChin Wed 19-Oct-11 13:35:08

I feel as though I need restyling now I'm a mum.

None of my old clothes fit, and my body shape seems to have changed. My hips seem to have doubled in size.

All my old clothes just seem really young, they're either too short or tight or have silly patterns. I was a little dress, leggings and scruffy boots girl before i got pregnant and it just doesn't look right anymore. What sort of clothes look stylish and sophiscated on someone in thier mid 20's? Any suggestions for good places to shop?

mymuchness Wed 19-Oct-11 19:23:08

bumping for you!

WitchesBroomForMyChin Wed 19-Oct-11 19:47:33

Thanks grin

Gillybobs Wed 19-Oct-11 19:51:37

Id say get yourself to Topshop and Zara, get some well fitting jeans, some interesting tops (not t shirts!) and some cute little cardis for day to day wear. Topshop ballet flats are great as are their bags.

You'll also find some great going out gear in there too

wicketkeeper Wed 19-Oct-11 20:00:22

You need to aim for something similar to what you were wearing before - just a bit more grown up. That way you'll still be 'you'. Don't make the mistake of trying to dress the way you think 'mum's' are supposed to dress.

Look around at other young mums, see what they're wearing and see if you think that would be something you might look good in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now