Talk

Advanced search

Aaargh! Babyliss Big Hair literally just exploded on me!

(7 Posts)
AnnieMated Wed 19-Oct-11 08:06:55

Bought a Babyliss Big Hair about 4 months ago from Next Directory. It's brilliant, and I have had no problems at all with it until just now.

First there was a burning smell, then a small flame then lots of black smoke. Quite scary actually!

I'm guessing it's had it - nothing gets past me grin

Anyone else had a problem with theirs? And any idea what to do now? Am guessing (hoping) it'll still be under warranty, but do I go first to Next or direct to Babyliss?

saoirse86 Wed 19-Oct-11 10:03:26

That's scary! You'll need to go to next first and they will probably either send it back to babyliss to be fixed or just give you a new one.

slalomsuki Wed 19-Oct-11 21:57:09

Mine just stopped after the burning smell. Ended up buying another one which is ok so far.

cocobongo Wed 19-Oct-11 22:09:57

Go to Next, your contract is with them. You should demand a replacement or a refund- don't accept a repair given what happened with it.

lotty5 Thu 20-Oct-11 07:49:20

Mine did the same thing. I had bought it from Boots last year, went to get a new one as I could not find the receipt. I got talking to the assistant who told me it had a 2 year guarantee and advised me to return it to the store. They exchanged fro a new one.

AnnieMated Thu 20-Oct-11 19:02:06

Thanks ladies. I phoned Next and they were brilliant. They're sending an envenlope to have it couriered back in, and it will (I hope) be refunded direct to my account once they've checked it over. Miss it desperately already however, will have to order a new one despite this experience - fingers crossed it doesn't happen again though eh?!

sillymillyb Thu 20-Oct-11 19:12:45

Mine hasn't blown up but often ok, everytime i use it overheats after about 5 mins and switches itself off. I need to send mine back too but keep forgetting. This seems quite common judging from the responses on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now