Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tangle teezers

(23 Posts)
MadamTwoSwords Tue 18-Oct-11 17:52:43

Are they any good?

I have an 18 mo DD who has decided she doesn't like her hair being brushed but has a patch at the back that gets very tangled against the pushchair / car seat / coat hood and so on.

Will they make my life easier?

treacletart Tue 18-Oct-11 17:54:10

Absolutely! Best tenner I ever spent.

PrimaBallerina Tue 18-Oct-11 18:06:29

It has revolutionised my post shower hair detangling! Well worth it. I think they do sweet looking flowerpot style ones for little girls if you look on Amazon.

NightLark Tue 18-Oct-11 18:08:18

YES! 2 year old DD is no longer developing dreadlocks.

notapizzaeater Tue 18-Oct-11 18:09:44

Yes yes yes, I have a DS (9) with long very fine locks and its the only thing that gets through his hair ... Amazon have them on offer from time to time

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 18-Oct-11 18:09:56

Brilliant on my dc's mixed race hair. If they have a lot of hair you need ot do it in layers to get through it all as the spikes are quite short but I had to do that anyway really.

kbaby Tue 18-Oct-11 18:11:08

Only thing for me too, stops dd screaming in the morning

thecatatemygymsuit Tue 18-Oct-11 18:11:30

Love them (for me and DD), plus dd brushes her own hair with one really well, massive bonus.

LindyHemming Tue 18-Oct-11 18:15:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

simonthedog Tue 18-Oct-11 19:19:31

they are excellent I can now brush my dd's thick curly hair without her crying.

neuroticmumof3 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:33:31

Think I'm going to get DD the pink flowerpot one. I keep her hair shoulder length but it still tangles dreadfully and she detests having it brushed.

MadamTwoSwords Tue 18-Oct-11 19:40:25

Thanks you've sold me on it will be getting one at the weekend. smile

kerfuzzled Tue 18-Oct-11 19:41:30

Best thing ever wouldnt be without it for my daughters curly hair, especially good for smoothing when tying hair back

RightUpMyRue Tue 18-Oct-11 19:42:20

We didn't think much of it actually. DD has very thick hair and it really only gets through when wet with conditioner.

Zembo Tue 18-Oct-11 19:43:03

They're fantastic! We've got 3, DD won't have any other brush near her hair and I use them a fair bit too.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 18-Oct-11 19:43:26

They are great. We have the flowepot one and the "regular" one. The flower pot one is very sweet but it has a smaller head so brushing takes longer (which is never a good thing in dd's case !)

rubyslippers Tue 18-Oct-11 19:44:16

Love mine

DD has fine curly hair and it knots so easily

I also use a de tangling spray between washes but the TT is well worth the money IMO

SleepyFergus Tue 18-Oct-11 19:44:17

I was coming on to post the exact same question, so thanks OP and all the replies. I'm sold too, just heading over to amazon now....

mamalovesmojitos Tue 18-Oct-11 19:46:31

Absolutely love ours, dd and I are so much happier since we bought it smile.

mamasmissionimpossible Tue 18-Oct-11 19:53:45

I really love our tt too. It's the only way I can get near dd's thick curly hair without her screaming the place down.

DistinctlyMintyMonty Tue 18-Oct-11 19:58:19

DN1 (long, fine, curly hair) and DN2 (long, straight, thick hair) both have one, and their Mums say it's the best brush they've ever used. Both aren't keen on having their hair brushed, but with a TT it's much less bother apparently.

Might get one meself grin

youngblowfish Tue 18-Oct-11 20:00:21

Love it for my hair, DS still too young to have grown long locks!

I always think about how the dragons rejected the idea and ridiculed the inventor, but most people really love them.

pocketandsweet Tue 18-Oct-11 20:08:27

Wow everyone else seems fonder of theirs than we are. DD is now 5 and has very fine (but lots of) nearly waist length hair. We bought the tt but found it not all that helpful and in fact much less effective than my Mason Pearson which truly does seem to be the most effective brush for us. In fact my daughter really dislikes the tt and begs me not to use it. I only post this in case anyone else out there didn't get on with the tt they might want to give a Mason Pearson a try( although they are hideously expensive).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now