Talk

Advanced search

Bloody Zara

(9 Posts)
celticlassie Tue 18-Oct-11 15:51:39

I tried on a jacket in store, size medium - too small. So I ordered a large, which arrived today - STILL too small. I'm a size 10 (normally, although occasionally a 12) and the large still doesn't fit. Wtf is going on? Do other people find their clothes are made for teeny-tiny people?

Rant over.

CeliaFate Tue 18-Oct-11 15:58:39

Yes! I bought a short sleeved blouse from there size medium. I could barely get my arms through the sleeves and my upper arms are twig like.

Angel786 Tue 18-Oct-11 16:00:01

Maybe they've mislabelled those jackets / meant to be v tight? Size 10 shouldn't be large / extra large! It's usually small/ medium.

thestringcheesemassacre Tue 18-Oct-11 16:01:40

I tried a XL jacket in there last weekend and couldn't do it up. I'm a 12. Ridiculous.

sproooOOoogger Tue 18-Oct-11 20:09:02

I've noticed that Zara has trouble making clothes for women who have breasts.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 18-Oct-11 20:12:12

Their sizes are hugely variable.

I have a pair of their size 6 jeans which are huge and a size 8 pair that are tiny.

Have an xs small coat that fits perfectly and have tried other xs on and been unable to breathe.

It is one shop where you really do need to try on.

celticlassie Tue 18-Oct-11 20:56:47

The thing is, like MrsCB, most of the Zara things I own are size small, tops and all, so it's just so bloody inconsistent.

PastGrace Tue 18-Oct-11 22:13:50

Sproo absolutely. I always go in and think "maybe it will be a good week". Ha. Maybe. One day.

I have one dress from there that was £19.99. I nearly bought it in every colour, but talked myself out of it and only bought the dark plummy purple. It's my go-to early evening drinks dress and possibly the only thing from there that will ever fit my top half in. Grr.

AnnetteProfit Tue 18-Oct-11 22:20:54

always Xl in everything (14)
apart form trews
they dont do tits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now